Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my new bike today...

Picked it up this morning - I'm frickin excited

I was set up to get a Kawasaki a while back but it fell through.. This is a 99 YZ125. Don't mind the messiness - I haven't had time to really clean it up yet.

It's my first motor bike - can't wait for the spring time

Anyone else ride? Any pointers?! Any good websites to visit? What about the cheapest parts? I'm sure some of you guys must be into them..

I've been wanting one of these forever!
    99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Were do u plan to ride. This past Thanksgiving weekend me and a bunch of buddies hit Glamous. Oh man it's a blast. Out there its nothing but fine sand. Yeah I used to ride street bikes and then I used my buddies Motobike, Its scary at first but its fun. It all depends where your going to be riding, but they are fun, just be very very careful. This was me on my buddies Banshee. Very quick even for it being just sand.

Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Congrats on the bike. I rode a lot before I broke my back, now I cant ride at all. I had a 98 YZ125, they are great bikes. If you have never owned a 2-stroke race type bike before a few things to keep in mind are, 1) the air filter needs cleaning often. The filter is under the seat, there is an inner and an outer and they require oil. 2) They have a wet clutch, and since you slip the clutch a lot on a dirt bike the fluid becomes nast fairly quick, so keep an eye on it, and change it often. 3) The nature of a 125 is somewhat all or nothing when it comes to power. They make great power in the upper RPM's, but not so much down low. After some time spent riding it you will see what im talking about. To get the most out of it you will need to keep it spooled up.

Get a good helmet, gogles, and a pair of good moto-cross type boots, and go have some fun.
      1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
      1995 Silverado-beater truck
      2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

Comment

I ride a Harley so it's a bit different. lol All I can say is ride within your skills and take your time getting comfortable. Be safe.

Comment

Congrats! Big fun is in your future.

Great advice from 94Z/28. Especially about the gear. Those items are an absolute minimum requirement! Ride like ConElite's picture and be prepared to start making some claims on your health insurance. Not a flame on him, just the truth.

I am still trying to master my new dual sport. Even though I have lots of riding experience, this thing is so wicked powerful. It is not a highway machine and is revved really hard at 65mph, even with six gears. It is really a serious dirt bike with a plate and Husqvarna did just enough to make it CA legal. Of which pieces may or may not have already fallen off my machine.

Wish you were closer,
          Sean

ps. If any local people do want to go ride, let me know.
          1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

Nice man! Just be extra careful, a bump or bad rut could send you flying. Run the best 2 stroke oil in the fuel mixture and dont run it lean. If you blow a top end on a 2 stroke thats been used alot, have the crank seals done or it will happen again. Thats the worst part about 2 strokes. Heres my old 85 yz125, thing moved! Sold it for a new 4 wheeler awhile ago.

[IMG][/IMG]
            1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

UPDATE! I decided to try to tame the beast!!!

Yesterday, I took the day off work to put some tile in my hallway, and I had an hour free so I wheeled it out of the garage, strapped a helmet on, and started it up..

OMG.. It was everything I've been dreaming about since I was a kid... Holy $&#* ..

Very first time driving a motorcycle EVER. ..

I started off in my driveway, clicked into 1st, and rolled a bit.. Only took like one try to get the feel of the clutch. I rode up into the backyard, did a circle, came back out, went up the street, into 2nd, turned around and came back into the yard.. I did that a few more times and got the feeling of the braking/clutch.

Then I went out and almost full throttle up the road. I felt the front tire get light, banged into second, third, fourth.. I was freakin cruising .. or at least it felt like I was! Headed back down the road, turned into my yard and nailed it.. Dug a nice rut in my front lawn.. hahahaa..

That bike is pure SEX. OMG I can't wait for this weekend!!!!!!

Best toy EVAR.

I know, I know.. Don't ride in the street... My backyard isn't big enough!

I will be bringing it to an open area this weekend.. Will play some more!
              99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Right on man, like everyone else said you need to get the feel of it good before you give'er hell. i konw what you mean about the first motorcyle ride. first time i rode a street bike i got one the next day. it's crazy fun. but as for quads i ride a '06 Suzuki Z450 fourwheeler. it's they quickest most race ready fourwheeler on the market, that thing is fricken sweet. i also have an '06 honda 600RR, i know there is alot faster ones out there but bein my first one it's crazy fast to me still. congrats on the most recent toy. take it easy for a bit till your confortable. after that you're home free.
                '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
                '00 T/A Silver
                '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Working...
                X