unemployment super low!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unemployment super low!!!

Well i just ready somewhere (sorry forgot where) that the unemployment rate is down to 4.4% which is the 4th lowest it has been in 35 years!!! My point is, why aren't the bush bashers using this weapon anymore? They were saying that the unemployment rate a few years ago(12% or something along those lines) was all his fault. Now those same people wont give him credit for this? I swear they only ever mention the bad stuff I mean atleast give the man some credit where credit is due, and not just pin the sins of all mankind on him. But atleast we got people working now

Sorry, just had to vent a little.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

The media doesn't want to write anything good about a republican administration. If the people of this country hear anything good about a republican they might vote for a republican which would take away a vote from a democrat which is what they want to get elected. So anything good for the current administration gets buried while anything bad gets the front page. After seeing the last election, it's working.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Everyone cheered when sadaam hanged and nobody gave bush credit for that either, I found that odd. If it wasn't for him he'd still be a dictator and who knows how many more people would be dead because of him.

I don't buy much into those unemployment numbers.

When I was unemployed, I applied EVERYWHERE. I'm talking dead end jobs here too, BS 7/hour store jobs, etc..., everything but fast food, which I was about to go and do because I was desperate. Of course I'm in MI and we're in terrible shape.

I had filed for an extension after my 6 months. They denied it because the unemployment percentage in MI was under a certain %, which I didn't believe. My grandpa works for the state of MI unemployment office. He compared now to a time in the past, not certain when. He told me there was no way that UE was under the % they said it was. He deals with people all day that cant get jobs. He used to be the guy to see when it came to finding somebody a job. He couldn't even help me, but he did submit my resume to about 50+ employers. I got a few call backs and that's about it (Not skilled jobs, mostly general labor, etc...).

My point is, I don't buy into those numbers. I think they're tweaked because it saves money. According to the law if UE is at a certain rate, they give more extensions, which they don't want to do.

Jeff, speaking of democrats, how about MI governor Jennifer Granholm. Makes me sick. Makes a huge deal about 1000 new jobs with google opening offices here.... But let's leave out the fact that Ford laid off some 8000 people. She makes me sick.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

I dunno, something about a WAR being more important that unemployment issues might be why not many heard about it.

And do you really think that any politician is going to publicly announce the loss of 8,000 jobs? Republican, Independant, or Democrat, no politician is going to take the fall for that. So don't pin it on him simply because he/she is a Democrat.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

I'm starting to see some people leave where I work. Some higher level people. That means the opportunities are opening up because companies are expanding and creating jobs. It looks like we are moving into a time where the employees have more choices and employers are desperate (too strong of a word but I can't think of the correct word this early in the morning) for good people. Another words it's an employee market rather than an employer market. Also the baby boomers are starting to leave the work force creating openings. I know where I work we are understaffed. Of coarse this is the south and Atlanta which moves faster than in the northern states.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Yes, it's very low. That's why my friend can't find a job. LOL
            LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
              I dunno, something about a WAR being more important that unemployment issues might be why not many heard about it.

And do you really think that any politician is going to publicly announce the loss of 8,000 jobs? Republican, Independant, or Democrat, no politician is going to take the fall for that. So don't pin it on him simply because he/she is a Democrat.
              So you think the only reason they report about the war is because of that...its a war. You don't think they only try and report all the bad things out of that war to try and make a certain person look bad? Plus the war may be important but its no the only news people need to hear about. There alot of other things in daily life that should be reported too, and not just bad news.

I do agree with you about the not pinning something on someone just becuase they are democrat though, here in DE the chrysler plant that assembles the durango is threatening a shut down. Gvnr. Ruth Ann Minner (dem) is trying her ass off to keep it open. So it may just be that the person in MI is a moron, but not from being democrat
              2006 Saturn Ion Redline
              2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                Of course I'm in MI and we're in terrible shape.
                That is exactly the problem. Michigan is probably the worse off in the entire union. We relied on the auto industry for too long and they crapped on us... But of course there are 2 sides to that story too, ahem, uaw........
                Greg W. in West Michigan
                1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
                  That is exactly the problem. Michigan is probably the worse off in the entire union. We relied on the auto industry for too long and they crapped on us... But of course there are 2 sides to that story too, ahem, uaw........
                  so i'm not the only one not happy with the UAW?
                  97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                    so i'm not the only one not happy with the UAW?
                    Oh no .

Comment

This brings up another interesting topic...

I've always been an American car guy (GM really). I never even considered foreign cars in the past. Fast forward to last October... I'm driving home an Acura. Here's where the topic can become a debate.

I have some friends who still give me a fair amount of crap for "going to the other side". How could I sell my American muscle car for an Acura TL? It's sacreligious. My argument? My "American muscle car" was built in Canada. My wife's old HHR was built in Mexico. My TL... Built in Marysville, Ohio. Which is worse?

An American car company cutting American jobs and building across the border, or a foreign car company employing American workers and building it here?

I understand the plights of the big three concerning the UAW. However, the US automakers aren't without blame. They let it morph into what it became... Not to mention the much documented quality issues until recently.

My point is, if someone wants to bring up US over Japan, they better be prepared to answer why American automakers are cutting thousands of jobs and sending work across the border.
                      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Politics- def. from latin- Poly, meaning many. Tics, meaning bloodsuckers.

Comment

If you check your window sticker... Im sure it says "Assembled in Maryland" All of the parts are made in Japan & Asia and then shipped over here to get put together by robots. They mainly do that to avoid paying extra taxes. It cost less in taxes to ship engines, transmissions, seats & body panels separtely to the US classifiying them as "car parts" than it does to send complete cars. All of the time consuming stuff is done where the labor is cheap. As you know, labor is cheaper overseas.
                          At least thats the way I understand it.

But I still get your point. I guess the only real difference is where the checks get mailed to.
                          No F-Body right now

Comment

My point is, if someone wants to bring up US over Japan, they better be prepared to answer why American automakers are cutting thousands of jobs and sending work across the border.
                            IMHO, It has a lot to do with the policies that UAW implemented after they got really powerful. Trust me, I have had many friends and family that used to work for GM that saw things first hand that you wouldn't believe. The funniest is making GM hire certified carpenters (read: expensive) whom stood around and drank coffee. When there was a need for actual carpentry, these certified carpenters sublet jobs to outside carpenters. Thats only one story.

My Uncle busted his butt for GM as one of the best electricians in his factory and got paid well to do it but like I said, there were MANY others that didn't have half the resposibilities he did that got paid as much or more.
                            Greg W. in West Michigan
                            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                            <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
                              IMHO, It has a lot to do with the policies that UAW implemented after they got really powerful. Trust me, I have had many friends and family that used to work for GM that saw things first hand that you wouldn't believe. The funniest is making GM hire certified carpenters (read: expensive) whom stood around and drank coffee. When there was a need for actual carpentry, these certified carpenters sublet jobs to outside carpenters. Thats only one story.

My Uncle busted his butt for GM as one of the best electricians in his factory and got paid well to do it but like I said, there were MANY others that didn't have half the resposibilities he did that got paid as much or more.
                              It's a real issue that has finally come to a boil. Again... I don't pin the blame on GM all together. The UAW as a whole (as with most unions) had much to do with it. They were self-destructive. Always wanting more for less, and ultimately, lost many jobs because of it.

Somehow I doubt they will learn.
                              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                              X