My new snowmobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe 1320
    That would be a cool weekend toy. Of course in Florida it wouldn't do much good.
    Just strap a sheet of plywood between the skis and make a mud sled. I've seen the swamp buggy races... I know how crazy you Floridians can be when you get bored.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
      You could of had it running even better if you would of taken off the carbs and cleaned them. Cleaning them is pretty simple, too. Just take it apart, shoot Gumout and compressed air through all the passages and reassemble.
      Yup that probably was the last 10%... We used racing fuel in it. That cleaned it out mostly. Fun stuff.
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
        Just strap a sheet of plywood between the skis and make a mud sled. I've seen the swamp buggy races... I know how crazy you Floridians can be when you get bored.
        true.

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
          Around here, they drag race them year round. If you go to the track on a hot summer day it is very common to see snowbobiles competing in the motorcycle classes on the 1/4 mile track. They run special tracks and skis for the tarmac.

It's also common to see them drag raced on grass in the summer. Another thing you'll see in the summer is open water competitions on snowmobiles. You get going fast enough that when you hit the pond you can lean back, hit the throttle and hopefully make it to the other side before you slow down and sink.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
            Around here, they drag race them year round.
            Yep, I have some video of them racing down the quarter at US 131. The tracks are a slick track and the skis have wheels in them. Talk about wicked fast too.
            Greg W. in West Michigan
            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
            <Motor out

Comment

Down here they do mud drags. Basically it's just a short drag track in the mud. They use big tractor tires, throw big dirty rooster tails, lightning quick too while slipping and sliding.

Comment

Working...
              X