Im about to go off the deep end!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im about to go off the deep end!!

OMG i seriously need to vent...Ok I've been saving up for an Xbox 360 premium package with the 20 gig hard drive and all that good stuff right..well i finally got it Friday night I've played it MAYBE just MAYBE a total of 6-7 hours if that..well today i was playing it for around an hour straight.then IT happens The Red Ring of Death...which translate into your system is screwed!!..I am EXTREMELY (blankity blanked) off..This means I'm either going to have to go out of my way & try to take it back to Circuit City which i am sure i will run into tons of fun there with those rude people..or i have the option of calling Microsoft hearing their B.S way of fixing the problem at home..well then of course we all know that wont work..and then ill be at having to send my BRAND NEW barely 3 day old Xbox off to Microsoft... wait a BAZILLION YEARS to get it back and be wasting my 400 BUCKS because I DONT have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

**Red 98 Trans Am--Flowmaster--MTI Clear Lid--Smooth Bellow--B&M Shift Kit**
    **White 98 Dodge Stratus--Daily Driver!**
    **RIP Red Firebird 170k**

it's a music device.

what if you got diagnosed with cancer.....or your engine threw a rod......or you broke your arm........or you had a blow out and wrecked and killed somebody ..................

get the pic?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

doesn't sound like that big of a deal. I have never had to send anything back to a manufacturer. Stores take care of that.

Take it back to CC. You don't even need a receipt at that place anymore, it's all in the computer. Taking it back will take 5 minutes. Just don't go in there like Ms. attitude acting like it's their fault your system doesn't work and they should be nice to you.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Hey I work in Fred Meyer's Electronic dept. We get those things back all the time cause of one stupid error or another, we just swicth them out and put you back on your way. So I wouldn't worry about it, and if they do start to act rude just remember they are working retail, ask for their manager and politely experess your opinon that they were being rude. I know we don't even blink when they come in, its the norm.
        1990 Eagle talon TSI- daily driver

78' firebird formula -350/350- stock...now dead

Comment

See now its not that bad at all. Hope everything goes well. Let us know.
          Blazer

Comment

its not really the point of what it is its the point that i have waited over a year and a HUGE company sends out very expensive things that do not work out right...its aggravating i don't even want another one its not worth it i may play another on for a year and it'll do the something..i know it could be something wayyy worse but i was just venting....and i am a very nice person i also work retail and know how its goes but even their managers need attitude adjusting heck it took 20 mins to even get someone to help us at like 10 at night and the store was dead.im just getting my money back its a big piece of crap..

Comment

There's always some problem with these new gaming systems. There's such a rush to get these new systems to the market, and they don't take the time to get all the "glitches" out of these things. I personally prefer Playstation over Xbox, actually Sony delayed bringing out the Playstation 3 last year because it still had issues that needed to be fixed. I think all electronics have issues, especially my T/A
              1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                it's a music device.

what if you got diagnosed with cancer.....or your engine threw a rod......or you broke your arm........or you had a blow out and wrecked and killed somebody ..................

get the pic?

Uh-oh...Ken's showing his age again. Did he just say the Xbox 360 is a "music device"???? Granted, he grew up thinking Pong was pretty radical...but a music device??? (LOL)
                Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                  Uh-oh...Ken's showing his age again. Did he just say the Xbox 360 is a "music device"???? Granted, he grew up thinking Pong was pretty radical...but a music device??? (LOL)
                  Ha ha ha. Yeah that was pretty Funny. Anywho, Yeah its no biggy. Its pretty amazing how some people get All worked up over these video games. I was watching programs on tv about some kid that killed himself when his guy died in the video game. Oh well u dont get to play for a day or so. And Bernie Mac said, "QUIT CRYING DO SOME PUSH-UPS." Ha ha ha.
                  Eddie
                  2000 M6 Trans Am
                  Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

My brother's 360 took a crapper with that red thingy...he called and had it replaced. They send a new one...sure it took a week, but service was quite good.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Knock on wood, I've had mine since launch day. Haven't seen the dreaded red lights.... Yet.
                      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

launch day still no red rings here too.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                        Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                        6.2L/382.97 ci
                        Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                        WCT-5 speed
                        BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                        Boss MS 18" Rims
                        Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                        Custom Dual exhaust
                        1LE upgrade
                        Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                        In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

well you guys are lucky lol...my friends didn't do it ti like a year or so..its rather sad something so expensive has that many problems though..that aggravated me more then anything i think

Comment

my friends did that too, and apparantly the system will get fixed fine under warranty, call microsoft and have them send you a box for it and they should fix it no porblem, or try the store too. I have heard many stories about this too, but most of them were resolved without issue.
                            -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Working...
                            X