Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB- Anybody have a Tempo? Heater issues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB- Anybody have a Tempo? Heater issues...

My girlfriends car has no heat. I dropped her off at work today so I could work on her car, but I can't figure out how to get the freakin heater core out.

The manual shows it very easy to replace, drop the glove box and there it is, but that must be for the 4 cyl version. She has that rare V6 model that's impossible to find parts for.

So she has no heat and it's like 10 degrees here.

Would pulling the hoses under the hood and blasting it work? I mean, it doesn't leak any coolant. Does that mean the heater core is good and is just full of muck so it won't blow heat? Or could it not leak and still be bad?

It's driving me nuts. It's so hard to get to all the screws under the dash. Esp when I'm workin in the street with my feet in slushy puddles and 20 degrees with flurries! Man it sucks when it snows.

Sorry for the vent but anybody have any experience with this car?
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

I kinda Recall Changing one of those when i was about 13. The only Reason I did it is b/c I was small and my Dad was not able to get his hands up in there. Yeah if it does not leak then try Flushing it. Remove both hoses then With the water garden hose just Blast it in there. If it does not Leak then its more than likely clogged like crazy.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
      I kinda Recall Changing one of those when i was about 13. The only Reason I did it is b/c I was small and my Dad was not able to get his hands up in there. Yeah if it does not leak then try Flushing it. Remove both hoses then With the water garden hose just Blast it in there. If it does not Leak then its more than likely clogged like crazy.
      You west coast livin son of a...LOL, I'd love to unravel the hose, but it's frozen, it's only 20 degrees here. But you make a good point, kinda what i was hopin for. I'm going to try that first before I pull the entire dash.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

ha ha ha. Yeah Well Its kinda chillie over here, Its about Mid 60, and thats horrible. ekk! Boil some water. I dont know. Yeah thats the best thing I can think of. Yeah your going to be in pain trying to get that Core but It just takes time.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

My caprice was having no heat issues. I used a garden hose and compressed air to blow mine out and voila...heat atlast. Of course, I have a heated shop to work in.
          Greg W. in West Michigan
          1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
          1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
          1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
          1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
          1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
          <Motor out

Comment

is the motor gettin to operating tempature? if not, then replace ur thermostat
            2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
            X