Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sumitomo HTRZ II...

Hey everyone,
    Im sure everyone here is tired of tire questions... But I have another one. Im about to buy a set of tires to go with my new rims. I was orginally going with Cooper Zeon's but they dont have the size I wanted. I may still go with them... But I just want to explore all of my options.

Sumitomo HTRZ II

Any info?

Thanks in advance,
    Mark B
    No F-Body right now

Nevermind... Did a search online & found the results I was expecting.

OK in the dry weather
    Horrible in the rain.
    No F-Body right now

Comment

What tire size are you wanting to run?
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I have the sumi's on my S10. They have really really good dry weather grip. I've drivin them in the rain and snow and they aren't bad at all.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

285/35-18 REAR
          265/35-18 FRONT

I also found the Toyo Proxies T-1R They are alittle more money...But they might be worth it.
          No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
            285/35-18 REAR
            265/35-18 FRONT

I also found the Toyo Proxies T-1R They are alittle more money...But they might be worth it.
            I've heard good things about Proxies. No personal experience though. My experience and a couple of my friends with the Sumi's are they are hard hookin' tires on dry pavement.

Comment

You said that the Sumi's are good in the snow... I thought they were a summer tire?
              No F-Body right now

Comment

Might not be the size you want, but my Cooper Zeons were the best performance tire I've bought. I bought them back in June '05, and there is still tons of tread left (maybe I don't burn them enough??). Super tire in rain, too. I'm lookin' now for Coopers for my 300M.
                1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

Coopers were my first choice. If they made the size I need... I wouldnt even have to ask a question.... But with 275/35-18's on a 10" wide wheel... I think it might look funny. The rear tires will be narrower than the wheel & the front will be wider.
                  No F-Body right now

Comment

You said that the Sumi's are good in the snow... I thought they were a summer tire?
                    Who said that?

Comment

"I've drivin them in the rain and snow and they aren't bad at all."

You did. haha
                      No F-Body right now

Comment

I run the Sumi's on my WS6 and have no problems. I mean, any tire behind a naturally aspirated 300HP motor is going to have traction issues in rain if you stomp on it, but the Sumi's haven't ever broken loose earlier than any other tire I've tried. Mobile, AL has won wettest city in the US several times in the last few years, and that's pretty bad when you beat Seattle in that category.
                        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

"I've drivin them in the rain and snow and they aren't bad at all."

You did. haha
                          "Aren't that bad" has nothing to do with "Good". I think you misunderstood.

Comment

I got ya now. Oops.

Looks like im going with the Toyos. I dont care about snow traction...But rain is a different story. It was hard to keep the car straight in the rain with the stock 245's... never mind 285's. I need a rain tire.
                            No F-Body right now

Comment

I got ya now. Oops.

Looks like im going with the Toyos. I dont care about snow traction...But rain is a different story. It was hard to keep the car straight in the rain with the stock 245's... never mind 285's. I need a rain tire.
                              slow down anyway.... rain tire or not... you have a larger footprint now... still can hydroplane.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                              X