Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here ever planned a benefit ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone here ever planned a benefit ?

My daughter Ashley 21, has a blood disease similiar to Leukemia. She will have a bone marrow transplant in a couple weeks. I lost my wife to the same disease 1.5 years ago.

We would like to have a benefit to raise $$$ to help her with expenses as she will be unable to work for 2 years post transplant. She did qualify for social security. We are wondering if the monies gained will be taxable and if they will affect her social security or not. We want to do the right thing so we are trying to find out ahead of time. We have a date and place reserved and are in the process of getting other things worked out.

Anyone ever plan one of these and know the answers or can lend some advice ?

First off, you have my thoughts and prayers.

I have a friend who ran a benefit for is three year old son a few years back. He raised money for a wheelchair van. It went very smoothly. I'll try to get a hold of him and ask what it took.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I am sorry to hear about this...My wife had Leukemia from 5yrs old to 10...She, fortunately didn't need transplants but they said it was close. I guess they caught it in time. She did, however, have to wear a catheter and get lumbar punctures and spinal taps and etc. Let your Daughter know she is in our prayers...As far as the benefit goes, I think it depends on your local and state government. Your secratary of state office should know.
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this. You and your daughter are in my prayers.

She's Red and she's Rare.

~Black Beauty ~ Last 97 & LT1 Hawk

Comment

d@mn, Ralph... I'm so sorry. I remember well your tragedy and now this.

I can't help with the benifit questions, but it sounds like that gentleman above can get some adive for you.

Prayers yalls way.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

That's a tough road man... I wish you the best. Let me know if you get something setup as I'm sure the great folks here would help in any way possible..
            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Well we got this thing up and running. I can't believe how many businesses and friends are coming up with gifts to be auctioned/raffled. Here's the flyer I made for those interested. Our only worry is that there won't be enough room for all the people and all the stuff. I guess that's a good thing. lol

Thanks for all the advice/prayers etc.!

Comment

Wow, she is a beautiful.

Set up a paypal account for this, I'd donate. How much do you need to raise? Best of luck to you.
                97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

+1 to everything he said!!!
                  Greg W. in West Michigan
                  1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                  1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                  1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                  1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                  1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                  <Motor out

Comment

I'd drive the 75 miles from Rochester if I was in town, but I'm not that weekend. Setup the paypal account and I'm in...

Good luck...
                    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Her expenses include moving to a 2 bedroom from her studio as she can no longer live alone after transplant. Her normal bills and anything medical that comes along. I can assure you, not 1 penny will go towards anything not due to this disease.

If you do wish to donate, my paypal addy is juicedss@gmail.com

Please include you name and your address if you would like a receipt for tax purposes.

All the monies donated will be documented and put into her account which her Grandfather and I are distributing for her. She's 21 and we got to watch her close. lol

Thanks,
                      Butch a.k.a. Ralph

Comment

pm'd ya ralph.
                        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Just wanted to share what we were given to raffle. A local Bike dealership donated a new 2006 PW50 Yamaha. Pretty cool bike! They even make training wheels for it too!

Comment

Working...
                          X