Just Venting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Venting

As you may or may not know, I run a concrete plant with 10 drivers. This morning one of my drivers was making a delivery to a nearby military base that is guarded by civilian gate guards. All of our drivers and vehicles are badged to go on base. The driver this morning is a retired USAF vet. who has fought in 2 wars. He showed his military ID at the gate this morning to get in, as he has done the entire year he has been employed here, and was denied entry by a civilian. This just does not seem right to me and it really irritated me for a civilian to tell a US vet. he couldn't enter a base that he was once stationed at and helped defend for 23+ years.
    1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Don't get too upset. Just go over his head. The guys probably ignorant, stupid, or both.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
      Don't get too upset. Just go over his head. The guys probably ignorant, stupid, or both.
      Exactly.

It's just a case of someone given too much power. I'm sure his bosses would love to know he denied entry to a US Vet who was delivering something they needed.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Can you say.. "Power trip"
        No F-Body right now

Comment

I just spoke with my driver and apparently this guy suffers from SMS(short man syndrome).

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1 TA
            I just spoke with my driver and apparently this guy suffers from SMS(short man syndrome).
            Sounds like it...Should have asked him if he can say "fired"...
            Greg W. in West Michigan
            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
            <Motor out

Comment

what reason did the guard give for denying entrance?
              Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Originally posted by gauSSian
                what reason did the guard give for denying entrance?
                He said he needed our company contractor badge for the base.

Comment

The gate guard is only doing his job. Do your job and get those $%^$^# passes.

I can't get on my base without an installation badge either. My retired ID doesn't count.

Security is way up and it is going to stay that way.

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
                  X