congress...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• congress...

So, you think congress does important work up there. Check out the roll call so far this year. I have made it a point this year to see for myself what goes on up there rather than just hearing what the news wants to sensationalize.
    http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2007/ROLL_000.asp

The senate isn't as bad as the house.
    http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...menu_110_1.htm
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

HR 6 about the clean energy looked promising. What floors me is that they didn't pass the minimum wage hike like they should have. They really haven't done nothing. lets hope that they will spend more than 100 days in session this year. 2006, they spent less time in session that the famous "Do nothing Congress" in the early half of the 20th century.

Thanks for the links.
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
      HR 6 about the clean energy looked promising. What floors me is that they didn't pass the minimum wage hike like they should have. They really haven't done nothing. lets hope that they will spend more than 100 days in session this year. 2006, they spent less time in session that the famous "Do nothing Congress" in the early half of the 20th century.

Thanks for the links.
      What does "investing" mean to a politician? It means taxing us more and using that money towards a pet project like HR6. Is it the governments responsibility to develop sources of energy or is it the free market that should do it? Where in the constitution does it say that it is the governments job to do that? When has the government been good at doing anything? (just questions to invoke conversation)

I was amazed at how many stupid things they passed like renaming a post office or national engineers week.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Politicians= Get as much as you can and do as little as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
          I was amazed at how many stupid things they passed like renaming a post office or national engineers week.
          That happens all the time. Its how they get re-elected in their home district.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Working...
          X