audi s4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audi s4

hey guys, with the baby on the way I need a 4 dr. Im lookin at a couple audi s4 from 2000-2001 with the 6sp's. what do you guys think?

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

I had a 97 A4. They are awesome cars... probably the highest quality car I ever owned... But they are small. An A6 might be a better choice for a family man.
    No F-Body right now

Comment

wonderful car to drive, nicely appointed. It is good to buy it used, because they don't seem to hold their value as well as some of the other German cars.

Not sure of the reliability- they have a spotty record, and the parts are expensive, unless you have a contact (serviceman? Family?) in Germany- a $5 switch there costs $60 here-

Probably very crash-worthy, they are built for a higher speed limit-

Have you asked your insurance agent what the cost would be?
      2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
      "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

issurance? na not yet i got usaa and there pretty good to me. but they say that the s4 is pretty fast. they told me 0-60 was in the mid 5 range! im looking at a 2000 6sp 80k and a 2001 6sp 60k both under 15 or less.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current

Comment

Friend of mine has an A4, and the timing belt went and it totally destroyed the engine. (50,000 miles or so)...It was covered under warranty though, so he had to pay nothing. So i would be careful if I were you.
          2006 Saturn Ion Redline
          2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

i had an a6 and my brother has one, i only have good things to say about them. the finish is great, really nice interior. the best build quality i ve seen so far, beats newer cadillac cts and is way better than the f bodies unfortunately. Parts prices are reasonable, over here at least, pretty cheap i thought. If you need parts and they are cheaper over here let me know, the dealership is only 10 mins away.
            93 t/a A4 3.23s
            95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
            99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
            99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
            97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
            93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
            00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Originally posted by Trans Am
              i had an a6 and my brother has one, i only have good things to say about them. the finish is great, really nice interior. the best build quality i ve seen so far, beats newer cadillac cts and is way better than the f bodies unfortunately. Parts prices are reasonable, over here at least, pretty cheap i thought. If you need parts and they are cheaper over here let me know, the dealership is only 10 mins away.

thanks man

current

Comment

Originally posted by Trans Am
                haha, european connections!!!
                2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

hey, what ever works!!!! its all in who u know

current

Comment

93 t/a A4 3.23s
                    95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
                    99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
                    99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
                    97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
                    93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
                    00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Working...
                    X