The crazy things we do.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The crazy things we do.....

for our cars!! O.K., I needed to start a "fun" topic, so let's get thinkin' about all the crazy, almost "sickening" things we do for our cars, and to keep them lookin' new.....for instance:
    -I can't stand and will not tolerate someone getting in my T/A and kicking their feet or dragging them on the "kick plates"!!
    -I have "taught" my husband how to get in and out of the T/A without rubbing on the leather bolster to prevent it from wearing out
    -T/A gets hand washed at least once a week faithfully, even in the dead of winter.

O.K.....there's more, so lets here what others do!!
    1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

There can be NO DUST whatsoever on my dash and it always must be shiny.

I've also told my girlfriend to not shut the door by pushing on the window. Use the door!

I wash it sometimes knowing when I drive it in 5 hours (typically the wintertime) that it will be filthy again.

Call me crazy, but I love my F-body!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

I have three kids, ages six and under. When I put them in my car, I take their shoes off so they don't kick the backs of my seats.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

-Some say its crazy to buy another car and pay double the insurance just to keep milage & wear down on your "toy car" Not to mention keep it away from the salt that is everywhere now.

-I will typically spend an entire day every other weekend washing/waxing/detailing my car. I cant count how many times my friends have asked me why I dont just pay $6 and have the machine do it. (I kindly point out the finish of theit car compared to my car & they usually get it.
        No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
          I cant count how many times my friends have asked me why I dont just pay $6 and have the machine do it. (I kindly point out the finish of theit car compared to my car & they usually get it.
          I agree 100% with this statement
          2006 Saturn Ion Redline
          2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

On my old TA I would always close the door with one finger touching the rubber seal on the window. I did it so much I wouldn't even think about it.

The GOAT doesn't get babied nearly as much as my TA did.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
            Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

I spent over $1000 on my car in the past week. If that isn't crazy I don't know what is.
              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

[QUOTE=Blevyou know]On my old TA I would always close the door with one finger touching the rubber seal on the window. I did it so much I wouldn't even think about it. [QUOTE]

My wife made fun of me for so long to her friends because I would tell her to close the door like that. She never understood why I was so picky. Then we bought her her first car a few months ago, (yes her first car ever, and she is 29) a 2002 VW Passat. Now she is the same way about her car, and gets annoyed with me if I so much as scuff the tires while parking it by a curb.

I also tend to wash my car once a week, weather permitting, and spend ungodly amounts of money on Zaino for her. But the shine is well worth all the money and sweat.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Blevyou know
                  On my old TA I would always close the door with one finger touching the rubber seal on the window. I did it so much I wouldn't even think about it.
                  I do this and didn't even notice!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                    I spent over $1000 on my car in the past week. If that isn't crazy I don't know what is.
                    I've spent almost 20K on my car in the last 8 months, and I can't even drive it if there's so much as dew on the road. I wash it everytime I bring it out. I change the oil every 2500 only mobil 1. And NOONE eats, smokes, or spits out the window in it. I hate it when people do that.

My dakota on the other hand, is the super pampered one. It doesn't get driven in bad weather either usless I don't have a choice. It gets washed every time it comes out as well, sometimes more than once. The whole truck is in imaculate condition. If you close the door from the outside you have to do so from the door handle, nowhere else. Absolutely what so ever NO touching the paint anywhere. When it get's washed it's hand washed with a microfiber clothe, nothing else. When someone rides in it there is very strict rules including
                    1. No eating.....anything
                    2. No drinking unless it's a closed container
                    3. No spitting out the window
                    4. No smoking....ever
                    5. No picking your nose
                    6. No passing gas... it's a small space it'll hang around for a while...Nasty
                    7. No touching the glass.
                    8. No dirty feet or clothes in the truck.

But that prettty much sums it up I'm really anal about my vehicles.
                    '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
                    '00 T/A Silver
                    '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Originally posted by strkt_&_blwn
                      I've spent almost 20K on my car in the last 8 months, and I can't even drive it if there's so much as dew on the road. I wash it everytime I bring it out. I change the oil every 2500 only mobil 1. And NOONE eats, smokes, or spits out the window in it. I hate it when people do that.

My dakota on the other hand, is the super pampered one. It doesn't get driven in bad weather either usless I don't have a choice. It gets washed every time it comes out as well, sometimes more than once. The whole truck is in imaculate condition. If you close the door from the outside you have to do so from the door handle, nowhere else. Absolutely what so ever NO touching the paint anywhere. When it get's washed it's hand washed with a microfiber clothe, nothing else. When someone rides in it there is very strict rules including
                      1. No eating.....anything
                      2. No drinking unless it's a closed container
                      3. No spitting out the window
                      4. No smoking....ever
                      5. No picking your nose
                      6. No passing gas... it's a small space it'll hang around for a while...Nasty
                      7. No touching the glass.
                      8. No dirty feet or clothes in the truck.

But that prettty much sums it up I'm really anal about my vehicles.
                      Ummm.....woe....
                      and you forgot one: Absolutley no driving it
                      1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

Originally posted by 'STANGETR
                        Ummm.....woe....
                        and you forgot one: Absolutley no driving it
                        yeah it doesn't really get driven that much. neither of them do really. that's why i'm trying to sell the truck I 'm ready for something that I can use and not stress over.
                        '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
                        '00 T/A Silver
                        '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Absoulutly NO rain or moisture from any place but the garden hose! Nothing but hand washing and using Zaino products. No kids. She is a true
                          "Garage Queen". There are more but it is to early in the am.

And guess who made me even more anal about my cars than I was originally?

I to get tired of stressing about my cars.

She's Red and she's Rare.

~Black Beauty ~ Last 97 & LT1 Hawk

Comment

Parking it at the most remote corner of the lot with no cars in sight, to come back and find a junker parked right next to it It's like a magnet
                            97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
                              Parking it at the most remote corner of the lot with no cars in sight, to come back and find a junker parked right next to it It's like a magnet
                              UGH! Yes, i get that too. What the hell!

And i ALWAYS have to park in a spot that is on the end of the isle, so that i can park 1/2 inch off the curb and leave and extra 2 feet on the other side, so no one will ding my doors.
                              99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Working...
                              X