Grandmother was nearly killed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandmother was nearly killed!

Wednesday night just after my Grandmother turned in to go to bed. Someone used a shot-gun and blew out the windows next to the front door. They continued shooting up windows facing the street, they shot 6 rounds in all. They even went as far as to deliberately aim low in case anyone was lying on the ground to avoid being shot! Luckily the blinds were drawn and there were no lights on plus they were only using buck shot.

She lives in Ventura, California on Day road, right up the street from Ventura College and an elementary and middle school. This is not a gang infested, barrio, or slum. It is a nice neighborhood! (recently crime, robbery and ill folk have been causing trouble making it no longer Mayberry-like) The really scary part is the police think they were after no particular person. In addition there were 6 other similar shootings that same night there in Ventura. A neighbor spotted a Cadillac Escalade at the time of the shooting in front of the house. The police believe that the shooting was most likely related to Gang Initiation Just think a gang initiation where you have to kill or attempt to kill someone! There is nothing further the police can do either.

She has a dog, but it only woke up after the police arrived Just think - no security system can prevent this, you cannot stop it either. It was sheer luck the curtains blocked their view so as My grandmother and my cousin were not killed. She is in god spirits, unphased, saying now the mice can get in (where they aimed low) and some duck tape should fix that This incident really gives the impression our society doesn't value a fellow neighbor, or a human life and is on a downward spiral.
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

you gotta wonder why? WTF??????

i got a security system........for that.

return fire from a safe place, rapidly.

im surprised buck shot went through the walls....they had to be shooting from a distance.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

thats just sick. Cant believe people. Then we get other people who will sit there and back and justify what these other idiots do, blaming it on poverty, or their parents, or thier turtle died when they were 2... so its not their fault. Instead taking care of the problem.
      99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Stuff like that, just makes me sick to my stomach. They don't care if they were shooting at a man, women, child....hell it coulda been a single mother with a couple of kids They'll get their judgment when the time comes.
        2006 Saturn Ion Redline
        2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Strange probably gang related.
          The answer is stated well by wolfdogs.

Comment

I'm glad she wasn't hurt... What a mess. Probly gang related.. My Nephew who goes to school in Albany was walkling home with some friends from a night out and they got mugged by a gang of people. Luckily they didn't touch the girls, but my nephew ended up with a broken jaw... What's happening these days....
            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
              you gotta wonder why? WTF??????

i got a security system........for that.

return fire from a safe place, rapidly.
              I've got a security system as well..... a 50 caliber security system.

They got lucky that the person they chose to play with was unarmed.

Comment

Joe, really what could you do if that was you? You could have all of the guns in the world & you would still be sniffin carpet when those guys were shooting at you. You really couldnt get up.. You would get shot. I guess you could have chased them down the street once they were done... But that would get ugly quick.

Lets not turn this into a 2nd amendment debate. I was just wondering what Joe would have done.
                No F-Body right now

Comment

that blows. it doesnt suprise me, the crip over here drivers into ppl then kills them for their Initaitment.

my dad has a 9mm and a double barrel shot gun, my mom, sister, brother dont kno where it is, just me and my dad(im working on gettin my permit). 90% of the ppl would just try to hide but if that was me, i be sure as heck, returning fire, plus its also handy to kno the woods around here . but since i live in a neighboor hood where every1 knos every1 its cool, alother alot of rich folk are moving in and destroying this place, speeding, etc.
                  2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

hope those punks get what they deserve!!

d@mn, Brian!

glad nobody was hurt, hope she can sleep now though, and not lying awake at nights wondering when the next attack will come. that just makes me mad to no end to think of some cowardly punks shooting at someone's house with no idea of who they may or may not injure/kill.

she is in my thoughts and prayers.
                    Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Gauss - I have a coulsin taking car of her, but he's been sick with the norwalk virus since Mid Dec as he is allergic to the virus itself! My grandmother shook it off, she is smart and level headed unlike an over-protective soccer mom. As the attack was chosen but random, no need to worry about what has not yet happend or what might or might not.

I have more detailed information. Apparently the 6 shots were 3 shotgun and 3 pistol. The pistol would explain how they shot through the wall and front door. In addition it seems the attackers drove into the driveway, for better results. The attack occurred at 2am Thursday morning, a previous attack happened at 10pm.

The police compared this to the other attacks and the pattern is even more despicable than initially thought. It seems elderly people were deliberately chosen! The investigators believe the thinking of the attackers behind this, is because the attackers chose the elderly in the belief that they have led full lives, no longer productive members of society, so the deaths would not be on their conscious, haunt them, and that society would not chastise them back... similar in fashion how the Nazis delegated Jews to dogs so as the deaths/concentration camps would not place guilt on them and have the worry of society hunting them down

Historically speaking, trends, fads, and popular culture phenomenon start on the west coast in southern California and spreads throughout the US and the rest of the world from there. Putting the multiple attacks like this together with how trends start here, it is not far off to assume this will spread. It seems we no longer have to need to worry about evil radical Islamics attacking innocent people, who value no life (not even theirs), bent on ruling the world... We need to worry about home grown extremists here that value no life. It seems the segment of people who value no life is coalescing into something more dark that modern history has forgotten, and is ready to explode and we are all blind to what is really happening right before our very eyes

I truly fear for our children and future generations not yet born
                      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                      pics and info

Comment

Over here in Albuquerque, they had a gang initiation where the would be gang member would drive with thier lights off a night, and who ever flashed them to turn thier lights on would be run down and shot. These people are scum
                        1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Working...
                        X