T-top 5th gen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-top 5th gen

One of the guys on camaro5.com made this chop, what do you guys think?

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Yes, I want T-Tops. I wanted to buy the car when it first came out, but I think I'm going to wait because I believe the T-Tops will come later.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

There's been a rumor going around about the next Mustang having T-tops. I'm curious to see if that happens.

There's a problem with the way the concept is laid out if you want to add t-tops. Basically it has to do with the roll down rear passenger window. If you're for a true B-pillarless design, than adding t-tops is difficult. Engineering a seal to keep out water at the corner where the two windows roof and t-tops meet is not easy. The mustang has an opera window instead of a retractable rear window. It'd be a lot easier to incorporate it into that design.

We'll have to wait and see if that part of the design is changed. I love my t-tops, but I wouldn't forgo a 5th gen for lack of them.
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I say yes, the t-top will probably never come back to the corvette and it looks way better on F-bodies. At the car show I fell in love with the new camaro, I stood there for about 15 minutes just staring. The new mustang gt500 did not impress me. Its just a mustang with stickers and wheels.
        1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Working...
        X