2009 FireBird Concept?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 FireBird Concept?

I very quickly saw something about 2009 Firebird Concept and then heard nothing more since then......does any1 have any info on this...is it gonna be the same body as the camaro, same engine, etc.

if any1 has a URL with some good information that would be great

I'm pretty sure that any comeback of the Firebird is A) Highly Unlikely ... or B) Much longer than 2009 away.

But I'd like to be proven wrong!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

bird aint coming back for a while. the picture was some guys photochop. besides GM hasnt "bought" the name yet
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

there is no Firebird in gm's plans, at all.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

err thats not cool, in fact its a sin

Comment

Well I guess I will keep me F-bird for ever. All the new cars look like crap.
            Blazer

Comment

I think the G8 is going to be pontiacs camaro. They share the same architecture if I am correct.
              No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
                I think the G8 is going to be pontiacs camaro. They share the same architecture if I am correct.
                I don't know. It's not going to be sold in large volumes. Only as many as 50,000/year for 6 years. It may serve the same purpose to attract attention to the brand though.

The architecture is very flexible, but even that has been modified slightly for the Camaro. I've heard comparisons to what Ford did with the Lincoln LS architecture for the Mustang.

I was also thinking Holden would follow with a Monaro coupe, but now it looks like Camaro may be sold in Australia as well.
                Joe K.
                '11 BMW 328i
                '10 Matrix S AWD
                Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer
                  Well I guess I will keep me F-bird for ever. All the new cars look like crap.
                  Blazer
                  I couldn't agree more. Obviously the Firebird should have never been discontinued to begin with but now, it's better off never being brought back. The name should be left alone; let it be the legend that it is and the same for the Camaro. Make a new RWD sports car to pick up where they left off. Cars today are garbage (FWD... 22-in rims... crossovers... scion.... ) and GM’s Camaro concept is a big gimmick. Why follow Ford and their retro’d junk wagon?

At least the Camaro will have the LS2. Keep your F-bodies nice.
                  Matt

1998 Firebird 5-speed
                  2005 Pontiac Sunfire 4-door 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by 98 'Bird
                    I couldn't agree more. Obviously the Firebird should have never been discontinued to begin with but now, it's better off never being brought back. The name should be left alone; let it be the legend that it is and the same for the Camaro. Make a new RWD sports car to pick up where they left off. Cars today are garbage (FWD... 22-in rims... crossovers... scion.... ) and GM’s Camaro concept is a big gimmick. Why follow Ford and their retro’d junk wagon?

At least the Camaro will have the LS2. Keep your F-bodies nice.
                    That is your opinion, but before you start looking down on the new Camaro, try looking at what it will have. It will be the first F-body to come with a fully independent suspension, over 400 hp from the base V8 model (which is NOT the LS2, but a variant off the V8s being offered in the new GMT900 pickups/SUVs), the available M6 tranny (which Ford still hasn't added to the Mustang) and a rumored hi-po V8 model to compete with the GT500 and Challenger SRT8. While the looks may be hit or miss with some people, there's a lot under that skin that most people don't know about.

As far as the Firebird, as others have stated, its dead according to GM. But that doesn't stop the rumor mill, as we all know
                    Steve
                    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
                    X