2000 Camaro SS Convertible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Camaro SS Convertible

I am about to buy a 2000 Camaro SS conv for 14,000. Its a 6 speed with 52,000 What do you guys think, is it a good price
    Any advice welcome, oh yea its black on black with black leather
    gabe

Have you checked Edmunds.com or any other on-line appraising service?

Also, have you check carfax.com?

If not, I suggest you do. They'll get you into the ballpark.
    R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Sounds decent if the body condition is VERY well kept and devoid of any serious marking. But I'd try to get him down to 12,500 if you could.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

The title is clean and the body is in perfect condition, blue book and NADA said 15,000 for fair so i have no chance at even 13,500,
        The car is in excellent condition but I just want other opinion. Thanks everyonr keep the responses coming
        Gabe

Comment

Make sure all the controls feel good...shifter, steering, clutch. Center all the speaker controls for the radio and see if any speakers are blown. Check the power windows to see if they're overly slugish. The driver's seat side bolster takes some abuse and may be worn a bit. That's normal if the owner isn't careful getting in and out. Also get the maintenance records if you can to save yourself a buck on re-doing some work that's already been done.
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Roger in Kensington
            Have you checked Edmunds.com or any other on-line appraising service?

Also, have you check carfax.com?

If not, I suggest you do. They'll get you into the ballpark.
            Carfax was sued. That's a bogus service. They're in some hot water.

14k seems a tad high, but I don't know. If it's absolutely mint condition. I would try to get it for $12.
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
              Carfax was sued. That's a bogus service. They're in some hot water.
              Whoa what happened?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
                Whoa what happened?
                http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...ry_reports.htm

Anybody that's ever run a carfax on a car that has any kind of damage could tell you. Most people that run it, run it on cars that are in good shape, etc... I was looking at a damaged car, I wanted more info on it so I bought carfax. None of the info was accurate, and it said the car had never been in any kind of accident. Carfax only uses a few states. According to them, some of you may be driving cars that don't even exist! I contacted them for a refunded because that was the biggest waste of $10 and 20 minutes of my life.

I used carfax a couple other times on other people's accounts and it was equally useless. I'm happy they got sued. When I called them to cancel it the lady had such a bad attitude acting like I should have been happy with the information it provided and how it can't be 100% accurate.
                97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
                X