omg!...omg!!! gotta run to....omg!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omg!...omg!!! gotta run to....omg!!!!

the grocery store...........OMG.... snow is comming OMG 4-8"'s....ending Wed. OMG...need 12 gallons milk, 40 loaves of bread, 24 rolls of toilet paper, cookies, ice cream, and.........and................ OMG. gotta go . no time for forums... OMG

don't people just kill you? im off today..there a couple of things we need at the store so mary asked me to with her this a.m. i said... "sure..ill go..then head to the gym...why so early..."? she said..."may i remind you its supposed to start snowing this eve.....? you know what its going to be like later at the store!"...

unreal. I just dont get it. best time to go to the store is on the day the snow hits and its all over the road.... you can cruise in there all day by yourslef while people are huddled next to their fire places, drinking milk, eating bread, and wiping their a$$e$...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Originally posted by wolfdogs
    don't people just kill you? im off today..there a couple of things we need at the store so mary asked me to with her this a.m. i said... "sure..ill go..then head to the gym...why so early..."? she said..."may i remind you its supposed to start snowing this eve.....? you know what its going to be like later at the store!"...

unreal. I just dont get it. best time to go to the store is on the day the snow hits and its all over the road.... you can cruise in there all day by yourslef while people are huddled next to their fire places, drinking milk, eating bread, and wiping their a$$e$...
    I had to laugh at this. I used to work for a grocery store for years. It never failed. Every time more than 3" of snow was predicted, the place was mobbed. We couldn't keep bread, milk, and butter on the shelves (people like to bake during snow storms apparently.

So when the snow starts falling, the wife and I hit the grocery store and have it all to ourselves.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Wow...I always thought that to be a southern thing, guess not!!
      1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

I'm stocked with frozen dinners. It's all good. Now, I just hope the power doesn't go out!

I'll be eat'n salsbury popsicles!
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Ditto for Hurricanes. and fuel jumps 10-20 cents per gallon over night.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
            best time to go to the store is on the day the snow hits and its all over the road.... you can cruise in there all day by yourself while people are huddled next to their fire places, drinking milk, eating bread, and wiping their a$$e$
            ha ha ha ha. There is truth in what you say . Cannot believe this even after 6 years in the snow belt!
            Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
            Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
            pics and info

Comment

I remember living in Richmond. We just moved there from Toronto when they called for 1-2" of that white stuff. Was almost like panic and the stores were out of milk, water and bread in no time. Schools of course closed the minute they heard about the forecast.
              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
                I had to laugh at this. I used to work for a grocery store for years. It never failed. Every time more than 3" of snow was predicted, the place was mobbed. We couldn't keep bread, milk, and butter on the shelves (people like to bake during snow storms apparently.

So when the snow starts falling, the wife and I hit the grocery store and have it all to ourselves.
                Same thing here. Heck, we didn't even need 3". If people heard flurries, they stocked up like they would never see the light of day again.
                Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                SOLD- Kinda miss it
                94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                SOLD- Good riddance!
                2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

9 inches yesterday! 9!!!!!!!!

I spent 45 mins diggin off the quarter inch of ice off my winshield and side windows. Now off to do the rear!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Yep, never fails here either. I work for a grocery store right now, and if there is even so much as a mention of ice or snow on the news, people go nuts. I'm like, IT'S FREAKIN TEXAS, MAN!!! The local news makes it worse because they are out on the roadways just for a wreck to happen. I even heard a woman being interviewed in a grocery store saying that she was stocking up just in case she couldn't leave her house for a few days. Living in Saskatchewan for 4 years really woke me up to what a real winter is. People here in Texas just have no clue. But, I'm glad Texans aren't the only ones who freak at the first snow flake.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

I was the DAIRY MANAGER at a grocery store for several years. Responsible for ordering milk, butter, etc. From October to April I had to keep an eagle eye on the weather forcast and if storms were even suggested I had to double the milk order! The day before the storm, all I did was stock the milk shelves, never got anything else done those days.

It was never too bad around here until the blizzard of '96. They started by calling for like 4" of snw, so nobody paid it much attention. Then, the night of the storm the forcast changed to 12", then to 18", then to 24". The govenor ended up shutting down every road in the state for a day or two and people really WERE stuck in their homes for like 2 days. Ever since then people have gone crazy at the slightest hint of a storm.
                      Dave M
                      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Another fbody member I know tells the funny story of how people try to return Milk and Bread to the stores too if they don't use it. His brother is a Food Lion Manager and I guess he sees this happen all the time.
                        2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                          It was never too bad around here until the blizzard of '96. They started by calling for like 4" of snw, so nobody paid it much attention. Then, the night of the storm the forcast changed to 12", then to 18", then to 24". The govenor ended up shutting down every road in the state for a day or two and people really WERE stuck in their homes for like 2 days. Ever since then people have gone crazy at the slightest hint of a storm.
                          Hey I remember that one. It took them almost 4 days to come into our sub disivion just South of Richmond to clear the roads. Only after people started screaming, the mayor hired every construction equipment available to help clearing the roads.
                          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                          X