• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe this?

MSNBC article

Army Times

This is a shame!!!!

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

You are being nice. I think it's disgraceful for our fallen soldiers to be treated like that.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

One word.... Disgusting.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I believe it! "Welcome to today's military - Once your no longer useful, you are forgotten" - my friend and ex POW from IRAN hostage crisis of 1979, his 2 sons, both multiple tours of Iran (Kicked out due to PTSD and bipolarism, and have to fend for themselves now)

If my friend, an Army recruiter for 22 years, and while retired, is saying do not go into the military, you know there is a problem... namely the arrogant-neglect once your not useful to them
        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
        pics and info

Comment

Sad. I'll bet our politicians do not have the same conditions when they go to get treated for a hangnail or something like that.

Comment

These articles expose a fact. It doesn't matter what party is in power. No one has done the right thing yet.

Bob

Comment

I saw a news broadcast about this issue a while back. Supposedly, the guy in charge of this wasn't doing his job correctly and the got back logged, big time. The new guy they appointed assured them that this there number one priority. It reminds me of stories about how wounded vets from Vietnam were treated. Sad...I can only imagine.
              Greg W. in West Michigan
              1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
              1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
              1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
              1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
              1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
              <Motor out

Comment

You don't know how much this has hurt the morale of our Soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerBob
                  You don't know how much this has hurt the morale of our Soldiers.
                  I'll bet.

These fighting men and women have given their all, it's the least we can do to take care of them properly when they return home injured. We have failed them big time.

I bet it makes a few think twice before serving our country.
                  Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Working...
                  X