Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL... Motorcycle or wheels?

Hey everyone,
    I have been going back & fourth on this one for awhile & I need some help deciding. I will be getting my tax return next week & I still havent decided what I am going to do with it. Here are my two choices:

-New Wheels for my Camaro
    -A Motorcycle

What do you think I should do & why?

Thanks for the Help,
    Mark
    No F-Body right now

OK I know people have heard me say this before here but how about if I offer you a challenge of a new hobby. Open an investment account and learn how to trade stocks, bonds, and mutual funds. My mother recently sold her house and moved into a retirement home. She took the proceeds and put it in a Fidelity account and gave me authority to manage them. I have learned a great deal in the last year. I wish I had all the money back that I put in cars and could put them in an investment account. I also have a 401k account I have been playing with. It made 16.8% last year which was about $30,000. Yea it's got about $150k in it right now but it has already made over $6,000 this year. Do you want to be wealthy one day? It will never happen until you start investing. Whether it's investing in the markets, a business like Norm or yourself like an education.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I do have a 401k. Currently I am putting 7% of my salary into it & my company matches 4%. I dont have any other investments at this point except my condo. From a financial standpoint, the bike is probably a better choice because I can sell that one day and get some of my money back. The wheels, I would be lucky to get anything for those.
      No F-Body right now

Comment

Between the two, wheels will end up costing much less. Once you buy a set of rims, that's really it. With a bike, you have the added costs of insurance, gear, maintenance, inevitable mods, etc...

Plus, you'll now have two things to pick from on a nice day. You'll drive your f-body less. Just a thought.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Get the bike man. I get ten times the enjoyment out of the bike as I do a car.

Also keep in mind that in the summer you most likely will never drive the car. The only time I drive my car in the summer is when it's raining.

But like said above, money on gear and insurance and little things you wanna do to the bike... It's gonna cost a lot more.

Get the bike if you can. I can't believe I lived 19 years without it, and now at 22 I love it just the same.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
            Also keep in mind that in the summer you most likely will never drive the car. The only time I drive my car in the summer is when it's raining.
            That will depend on you personally. But I can say that the experience of a car and a bike is completely different. I still like my car a little more but it's a close call. I'm really looking forward to it warming up so I can cruise on it again. Plus look at it this way. Say you buy the rims. What do you gain from it......well the car looks a little better........that's about it. Now you buy a bike. You have another form of tranport, like RARO said you keep miles off of your f-body, you get to save money on fuel, and you'll have LOTS of fun on it that I can promise. Forget the price of mods and other things, you'll do it if you have the money. And gear isn't that expensive. I have maybe $400 in mine. Good Helmet, riding jacket, and some gloves which I barely use anyway. Go with the bike dude. Hands down
            '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
            '00 T/A Silver
            '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Originally posted by strkt_&_blwn
              That will depend on you personally. But I can say that the experience of a car and a bike is completely different. I still like my car a little more but it's a close call. I'm really looking forward to it warming up so I can cruise on it again. Plus look at it this way. Say you buy the rims. What do you gain from it......well the car looks a little better........that's about it. Now you buy a bike. You have another form of tranport, like RARO said you keep miles off of your f-body, you get to save money on fuel, and you'll have LOTS of fun on it that I can promise. Forget the price of mods and other things, you'll do it if you have the money. And gear isn't that expensive. I have maybe $400 in mine. Good Helmet, riding jacket, and some gloves which I barely use anyway. Go with the bike dude. Hands down
              Amen my brotha!
              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

sorry to hi-jack but, speaking of gas mileage, what do you guys usually get? and what kinda bike?
                Greg W. in West Michigan
                1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                <Motor out

Comment

I can get 40 MPG easy depending on how I ride. However, if I ride hard I get like 30. It's an 01 600 F4i.

Honda's all the way.

Originally posted by FroSSty
                  sorry to hi-jack but, speaking of gas mileage, what do you guys usually get? and what kinda bike?

Comment

I cant decide. Maybe Ill just have to get both. hehe
                    No F-Body right now

Comment

A bike would be more expensive and constently require some money (READ: GAS AND EQUITMENT) BUT.... it would have much more reward then just rims because after a week they'd still look cool but the WOW just wouldn't be there.
                      1990 Eagle talon TSI- daily driver

78' firebird formula -350/350- stock...now dead

Comment

Not much more I can add to this except reiterate getting a bike. The bike is much more fun and my cars stay parked when it's nice out. I ride the bike all the time. Much better gas mileage, way better horsepower-to-weight ratio, cool factor is stupid high, plus it's just more enjoyable all around than the car. Heck, I ride mine in the rain, makes you a better rider.
                        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Im getting the bike. And then Im going to get the wheels in another month or so.

About the bike. Im 6'-5" / 235lbs. I wanted something smaller & less powerful for my first bike to learn on. Then next season, I will probably step up to something larger. I found a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 that I like. I am going to see it today. I am worried that the frame will be too small for me. My 2nd choice is a Honda Rebel 1100. I know that it will fit me better, but I dont know if the 1100 part is right for me. I have ridden dirtbikes every since I can remember, so I have some expirence. Just not on the street. Should I keep looking for something else? Like a 800-900?
                          No F-Body right now

Comment

Im the proud new owner of a 88 Honda Shadow 1100 Black & Chrome!!

Hopefully I will get the wheels before spring comes.
                            No F-Body right now

Comment

I belive it is time for the offical

THIS THREAD IS NOW WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!!!
                              1990 Eagle talon TSI- daily driver

78' firebird formula -350/350- stock...now dead

Comment

Working...
                              X