This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i beat a civic coupe with a h22 engine and nos

do u guys think i can beat a 94 civic coupe with a h22 engine intake headers exhuast with and without using his nos all my friends are trying to get us to race they say Ill win if he doesnt use his nos i dont want to be embarsed theres a 100 dollar bet involved I told him Ill race him soon as I get new tires opinions thanks my mods are on one of my other threads previous owner (says) it runs mid high 12s
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Take it to the track and don't street race. moving this to the off topic forum.

Comment

please excuse my ignorance, but could you tell me a bit about your fbody? I am not familiar with the h22 intake, which engine is that for?

and yes, like Joe said...street racing makes us (enthusiasts) all look bad and makes our insurance rates higher, not to mention it kills the innocent.
      Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

H22 is a honda motor, 2.2L usually from a prelude and it prob has a short ram in it. ahh it pays to be in the middle of ricer world sometimes lol
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

tell me about your 88 bird then i will tell you- 12s HA LOL i used to build that stuff for customers - try mid 14s if that. hondas a geh in more then one way. i am nto saying that cause i am only a american muscle guy but from expience of buidling them. Nissan's and toyotas are WAY better cars-

here is your import report plus some bonus matieral
          Nissan ka24de-t, vg30 series (not sr sr is for a fan boy) rb26dett good engine but L6 cars handle like junk this is the reason nissan but the vg in with their race skylines over in japan for the jgtc

Toyota 3sgte, 5sfe (same as a 3sgte but 2.2 and not ask good internals or head g is performance f is MPG in toyota), 7mgte a (2jz is only cool IF its NOT in a 93 up supra or a lex IS), 3vfe why? A. you can turbo it and stock block is good to 600rwhp.

the only good motors honda ever made was the b16a f22a1 and h23 not 22 but the 23 better for boost BUT honda trannies blow up

Mazda the bpt motor is the best motor they make and at that level through that in a miata (if your a male nurse) because rwd is better BUT cheaply take a mid 90's escourt gt and just through all the turbo crap from the mazda jdm modles and boost it up and the block is good to well over 400whp

mitsu - careful of your trannies great engines but trannies go like nuts and not in the good way.

fords 5.0 or really a 4.9 since its a 302 from the 86 to 93 mustang i good for boosting because the internals are good till about 480 but the block is good til 450 because it'll crack right down the center- the 4.6 dohc from the mark vIII not stang gt can hold to ALOT of power the koeniseg uses a twin turbo version of this and a supercharged version of these the worlds second quickest/fastest road car.

chevy well my personal fav other then the LT ( i am PERSONALLY not a fan of the ls because its just a dumb downed version of the norstar as far as i can tell) is the cadillac 500 with 1970 heads (NO it was not a 501 some valve covers said 501 but it was a mistake from the factory) the engine made 425hp at 5000 rpm and 575 pounds foot of tq at 2800 rpm!

dodge well the new hemi is a very nice engine the old hemis were hard to keep running right also the they do not have the nice 5 bolt mains for an option like the chevys (not that chevy ever had a hemi)

as far as deisles go- VW in my opinion onyl makes goods diesles unless we talk trucks then i go cummins all the way. VW makes a nice v6 called the vr6 but the heads and intkae are one big piece wich is neat but they blow head gasckets like a v6 fiero.

porche makes a nice turbi 944 not 924 the 924 had LOTS of problems that were actually fized on the 944 most people say both cars are junk but they don't know enough about them to really understand why they are idiots- the 944 good 924 bad.

mercedes made a nice car (well most were nice but one in particular to me) starting in 1989 in the sl series called the sl300 i believe. very good car to mod.

bmw got money? like the mercedes and porche you better have money building one of these the best bmw to mod from my readins is the 3 series IX its awd l6 and very easy to slap a turbo on and NOT blow it up

saab- BLEH

volvo BLeh (but you can put a sbc in it thanks to jags that run!)

subaru - glass trannies double clutch or go home. syncro problems more than the dsms even

i think i am forgetting something but when i remember i will be sure to post-

off the my soap box now btw hondas 3rd gear carful with the grinding 3rd gear goes alot in those cars.

Comment

Originally posted by faytmorgan
            mitsu - careful of your trannies great engines but trannies go like nuts and not in the good way..
            The engines suck too. They blow headgaskets left and right, usually cracking the head along with it.

And as far as will you beat a Honda....... Who really cares? Getting suckered into street racing for $100 is foolish. If you get caught, down here in Florida the vehicles are impounded not to mention a hefty ticket along with an automatic suspension of the license. On average it will cost thousands to clear up. It's not worth it for some punk(s) to say "I'm faster, blah, blah, blah....." and you step up and want to race. Do it at the track and put up $1000 to at least make the race worth something instead of some BS thread.

Comment

Working...
            X