why does my thread keep getting erased

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why does my thread keep getting erased

am i saying something wrong im just asking if u guys think i can beat my friends car
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

When I read the thread it gave me a bad impression of you. You came off as ignorant. Posts like that will just get you flamed. Those are the posts you find on the honda boards where it's all 16 year olds running around talking about how ground effects add 5 HP thru aerodynamics.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

then how should have i said it
      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

and whats flamed this is the first forum ive ever been on i just wanted to chat with some peaple that had f-bodys since all my friends have riceburners i feel disrespected for asking a question and for some opinions

Comment

I don't see any thread of your that has gotten erased (deleted). The one about racing your friend's Honda got locked, which does not erase it but keeps people from responding to it. That likely happened because it was about street racing, but I don't know 100% because I didn't lock it.

I can only give you these guidlines when posting: make sure you're in the right forum. There's a tech forum and a non-tech forum, make sure your post goes in the right one. At least attempt to use correct spelling and grammar. We aren't grammar nazis around here, but putting a little effort into your post helps make you sound like an adult and people will be more willing to put effort into helping you out.

This is a great bunch of guys here, with a lot of knowledge. You'll find a home here if you just remember that this is a community just like any in the real world and there are real humans behind the computer screens. Treat people with respect, put some effort into your posts, and you will be treated with respect and people will put forth an effort to help you.

As for what flaming is, it's the internet form of giving you grief, busting your chops, etc. Most other boards on the internet tend to be juvenile and there is a lot of flaming that goes on between people and very little helping. This board prides itself on not having that kind of atmoshpere. There is no flaming aloud, even (especially) in our more heated debates/discussions. At the same time, stick to the rules/accepted practices if you want to fit in.

Welcome to the board!
          Dave M
          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

The thread was moved to the off topic forum, it wasn't erased. Besides, street racing topics are not part of the tech forum section and many on here aren't very tolerant of "Will my car beat brand XX?" Does it really matter on the street?

Comment

Very well-put, Dave

Comment

Originally posted by CDJr
                Very well-put, Dave
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

x2.

on wit da show

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

please don't send me to banned camp, Mr. Moderator

Originally posted by Dave M
                  ...At least attempt to use correct spelling and grammar. We aren't grammar nazis around here, but putting a little effort into your post helps make you sound like an adult...
                  now, keeping this in mind...

Originally posted by Dave M
                  ...There is no flaming aloud...
                  does this mean we must silently flame?

(d&r&l)

respectfully,

Mark

p.s. Jawul!!
                  Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

does this mean we must silently flame?
                    yes, yes it does
                    Dave M
                    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
                    X