Chrismas in March...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrismas in March...

Parts have been pouring in like x-mas has taken a dump on my porch....

Heads flowed 249/173 @ .600

Heads have stock intake and 1.6" SS valves w/comp 918 beehives.

cam is somewhat mild (custom grind), but should suit me well. I will shift between 5800-6200 RPM. Just need to send in the stock PCM I got for tuning and I'm set to go. 1.6R RR's and chromemoly pushrods are at the shop to get picked up this friday.

LT4 extreme duty timing kit, etc, etc....

I'm hoping to wipe the floor with c5 z06's and GTO's. Shouldn't be a problem.

Next on the list is some bigger injectors and a rear end gear. Probably closer to july/august.

All of the above will go in sometime around april/may.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

where you gonna sleep?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28

I'm hoping to wipe the floor with c5 z06's and GTO's. Shouldn't be a problem.
      Now you've gone and done it.

Seriously. Have a blast.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
        where you gonna sleep?
        I just cuddle up with the parts
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

Ha ha ha. Cuddle? ha ha ha. I thought I was the only one that cuddled with their parts as they come in.. ha ha
          That looks sweet. Thats what I want to do to my car in the next year or so. How much was everything?
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
            Ha ha ha. Cuddle? ha ha ha. I thought I was the only one that cuddled with their parts as they come in.. ha ha
            That looks sweet. Thats what I want to do to my car in the next year or so. How much was everything?
            I don't like to tally up the receipts, it makes me feel sick

I'm starting to consider a bottom end build up as well. That cam is medium/mild 226/231 .560/.569. I might get a 383 crank, rods and pistons. If I do that, I'm def. going with a bigger cam. I'm considering it but I'll have to see. The kits on ebay are about 800 shipped. It's tempting, but I am going to investigate it more.

Eddie, you're gonna have a lot more fun with that LS1... Shop around, those parts are sky high in price. LT1 FTW

Although, the more you read up on other forums, the more you see every other person has a 10 second LS1 camaro. Those things are ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
              Eddie, you're gonna have a lot more fun with that LS1... Shop around, those parts are sky high in price. LT1 FTW

Although, the more you read up on other forums, the more you see every other person has a 10 second LS1 camaro. Those things are ridiculous.
              Ha ha ha. Yeah All I ever Plan to do is have a 12 second DD. I have been doing my homework and Im setting the car up first to be able to handle the power. So In the transit right now and to be installed within the next week is : LCA with Solid single sided Spherical rod ends, Pan Hard, Re-loc. brackets. 1LE front sway bar, and EiBach Springs, and Tower bar soon to come. I firgure I'd rather be able to snap that damn car around the sharpest corn b4 I can Launch like crazy. Im sure with complete exhaust (ie, headers, high flow cats, and y-pipe) and a lid, and a set of really good Sticky tires, Ill be in the 12's. These LS1's have alot of power so. My Brother (AmericanZ28) is still working on doing the 383 stroker. Forged Eagle Crank and rods. Port and polished heads and Port matched to the LT4 intake Manifold, 4 bolt mains. He went all out and went with the new tubular K-Member and Upper and lower control arms. We're hoping somewhere in the 500hp range. But he's lagging on the engine work so who knows when that thing will be done. Its going on a year now.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                My Brother (AmericanZ28) is still working on doing the 383 stroker. Forged Eagle Crank and rods. Port and polished heads and Port matched to the LT4 intake Manifold, 4 bolt mains. He went all out and went with the new tubular K-Member and Upper and lower control arms. We're hoping somewhere in the 500hp range. But he's lagging on the engine work so who knows when that thing will be done. Its going on a year now.
                That's alot similar to the set up in my car. well the same lower end anyway. except i'm pushing 13-14 psi boost. that's if I ever get my problems figured out and get it on the road.
                '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
                '00 T/A Silver
                '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Lucky!!! Gosh... Have fun and keep us posted...
                  Greg W. in West Michigan
                  1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                  1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                  1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                  1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                  1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                  <Motor out

Comment

Working...
                  X