Welp...Got a new car..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welp...Got a new car..

This is certainly strange posting this. I've been an avid F-body guy for 10 years now. Not long compared to some of you, but after 3 Camaro's and much reading on this site and others I feel like I know the car inside and out.

So it's a bit odd to say that I purchased an '04 Grand Prix GTP today. Black and 17" chrome rims. Time to try something different. It's my first non-hatchback, and first 4 door. For now, if I want RWD, I'll have to throw it in reverse.

I'll be selling my Camaro soon. I'm sure I'll be back in one again eventually...maybe a 5th gen! Mixed emotions here for sure.

I'll post some pictures of the GP in a few days. It looks killer and is a blast to drive.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

they are great cars, man!!! anything poncho performance is cool in my book. got a friend that had one, after drag racing for years, got a z06...sold that for a gto..

he ran 13's...low.. with changing the pulley for the blower!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

congrats man, but take it easy on that tranny if it is the supercharged version. if u jump on the grand prix boards im sure u will see they haved changed it atleast once
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Congrats on the purchase!

I know what you mean by mixed emotions. Selling my T/A for the Acura was a very hard decision, but the best option for the time being. As you said, there's always time to jump into another one. You'll love the Grand Prix.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I have raced a few at the strip with just simple mods...Hella fast out of the box. They usually take out the drivers headlamp when they race for more airflow...Makes it look like they have a black eye...
          Greg W. in West Michigan
          1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
          1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
          1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
          1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
          1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
          <Motor out

Comment

Working...
          X