We are Spartans!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are Spartans!

deff a good movie. not really kid friendly, couple adult scenes but if u can, deff check it out
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

+1 I loved it.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

it was berry berry goot! A+!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

The real story is even more remarkable than the movie (I have not yet seen the latest movie, but have seen the earlier 300 Spartans which was very close to historically correct). For more accurate descriptions of the battle, see here and here.

[Note: No, the Spartans were not so stupid as to fight without wearing armor. And they may have been strong, but even the strongest warrior could hold a heavy metal shield for only so long before his muscles tired; their shields were wooden.]

The Persians ultimately prevailed in the battle, but the Spartans had bought time with which the Athenians moved their fleet (commanded by the archon, Themistocles) back to the vicinity of Athens. The Athenians had to flee Athens as Xerxes' Persian army sacked and burned the city, shortly after they had won at Thermopylae.

But Themistocles enticed the Persian fleet into battle within the narrow confines of Salamis and utterly destroyed it while Xerxes, seated on his throne, watched his fleet's defeat from the shore.

Since he could no longer be supplied by sea and with the remainder of the Spartans and Athenians now rallied, Xerxes retreated.
        R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Great movie, I went and saw it twice already! Theres a history channel show called 300, it explains every historical fact of the spartan cultural and the battles.
          1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Movie was awsome, saw it yesterday
            2006 Saturn Ion Redline
            2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
            X