To end the debate over street racing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To end the debate over street racing

WE all know that street racing is bad. I'm not going to dispute that but I know I'm going to still do it, Only under more controlled circumstances aster watching his vid and visiting this site...

Vid:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1...3c9bd352fd.htm

Site:

www.marshu.com

Oh and I will always wear my seatbelt serveral of the cars in the video have impacts from heads on the glass

Originally posted by Talon04
    ...but I know I'm going to still do it...
    Then you completely missed the point of the video.
    My DD
    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

No I didn't I'm 18 and I only race under very specific conditions, like no rain at all, no speeds over 80, etc and no traffic ahead or behind, and normally late late at night. Even now I rarely street race as its pointless, Its not like I go out every single night to do it. I do it maybe once a month...and I'm avoiding the streets as much as I can this week as its spring break.

Comment

You should probably stop talking about this... You arent going to make anyone say what you do is ok. No matter what "conditions" you say you are going to do it under.

If your going to race, do it without trying to convince others that what you do is OK.
        No F-Body right now

Comment

I can't wait to catch my first street racer. Especially the part where I make him phone his parents at 2 o'clock in the morning from jail to bring $475.00 to bail him out.

Talon, re-read what you wrote. You totally contradicted yourself.
          Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
            I can't wait to catch my first street racer. Especially the part where I make him phone his parents at 2 o'clock in the morning from jail to bring $475.00 to bail him out.
            And I can't wait to read about it here.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

All of you are right I'm a walking contradiction, then again I'm an 18 year old kid. I agree street racing is wrong, but I do it anyway, why i don't know. I'm sorry for even stating that I agree it is wrong, and then saying I do it anyway. I apologize for starting this if an admin will lock this would most likely be best.

Comment

Im only 21, and Yes Ill admit I mess around. Nothing better than Opening it up, but the point is that its wrong. Im sure alot of us do things we are not suppose to do, but we are not trying to get people to join us. Even under perfect conditions, its still very dangerous to yourself, who your driving. You say your 18, chances are you do not have the knowledge to know what to do in a the case that something goes wrong. (ie. blown tire) I was in the same situation when I was your age. I was about 18, and me and a buddy went to Hollywood to some club. Well Around 2AM driving home with a slight buzz, a GT pulls up next to me. I Slam it. Granted this was in my honda, so we didnt go any faster than about 128mph, and My front tire blows. If it was not for me stiffening up, Not slam on the brake, and taking it out of gear, I would of lost it. After that I learned my lesson. Now the most I do it Rev it and scare the little kids, and if they want to race, The track is open every Thursday about 10 miles from my house so.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

The track on test and tune nights is the place to race. You can walk the pits and pick up races all over the place. You can pick on some weak little imports or get your butt handed to you by some track car. Either way its alot of fun and you don't have to worry about finding a race because thats what everybody is there for. You also get times and can improve your racing technique. If you make a change to your car you can see if the change made it better or worse. No losing your license, paying fines, higher insurance, or possible accident.

Comment

I agree Dave! Although accidents can happen at the track, at least they are a lot more controllable not to mention the ambulance is usually close by if it getsserious.
                    Greg W. in West Michigan
                    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                    <Motor out

Comment

DJ TASO,
                      I figure you are the expert on this stuff now... What happens to your car if your caught street racing? I would imagine that the police impound it?
                      No F-Body right now

Comment

That's the great part about being 18- you're so sure it won't happened to you. Keep doing it long enough, and it will, though. The odds catch up. I don't mind if you want to risk your own life, license, all that, buy why do it were innocent bystanders are? What about the guy who pulls out unexpectedly, because he can't tell you are closing in at 100 MPH insted of 60? How would you feel if the kid you egg on to race can't handle it, and crashes and dies? Those pictures and feelings stay in your head forever-
                        It's not worth it, for what, to prove how fast your car is? How "good" a driver you are? Only proves how little judgement you have- You want to be treated like a responsible adult? Act like one-
                        2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                        "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Willy
                          That's the great part about being 18- you're so sure it won't happened to you. Keep doing it long enough, and it will, though. The odds catch up. I don't mind if you want to risk your own life, license, all that, buy why do it were innocent bystanders are? What about the guy who pulls out unexpectedly, because he can't tell you are closing in at 100 MPH insted of 60? How would you feel if the kid you egg on to race can't handle it, and crashes and dies? Those pictures and feelings stay in your head forever-
                          It's not worth it, for what, to prove how fast your car is? How "good" a driver you are? Only proves how little judgement you have- You want to be treated like a responsible adult? Act like one-
                          Well said. If some idiot street racer killed my innocent bystander sister, mom, or brother, if the accident doesn't kill them, I will. You can destroy more lives than just your own. Most of those cars you see kids racing aren't made to race and they lose control easy.

A lot of people just don't think about others. It doesnt seem like a bad idea until they kill somebody else and you see their dead body and everybody in teh family freaking out. And why? So you can feel like you have bigger balls than the dude in the civic next to you? Put numbers on a dyno and numbers at the track.
                          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

just save it for the track - it's the safest way to do it.
                            Darrin C
                            '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
                            07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
                              DJ TASO,
                              I figure you are the expert on this stuff now... What happens to your car if your caught street racing? I would imagine that the police impound it?
                              The cop can do 2 things: impound it or make you follow him to the station to post an I bond. If he impounds it, hope you have $300 - $500 cash to have someone bail you out (you can't bail yourself out). And that doesn't include the impound fee and I hope you don't have anything valuable in the car because impounds are notorious for stealing.

If the cop really wants to hurt you he'll write 'Drag racing' on your ticket (which is a class 1 felony in the state of IL). Odds are the judge will find you guilty unless you have a really good lawyer but I don't see what your defense would be..

The other thing he can do is write 'Reckless driving' on it. That would be your best bet getting out of the felony charge, but you would have to go to driving school unless you win in court. If you lose prepare to pay around $200.00 in court fees not including your lawyer.

I don't know the laws in other states but I'm pretty sure they're the same as here when it comes to street racing. If you kill someone while street racing you will be charged with vehicular manslaughter, meaning you meant to go fast but didn't mean to kill anyone. I gurantee you will lose your license for life, heavy fines, possible jail time and don't forget the civil lawsuits from the other family's.

Oh, and waking up every morning of your life knowing you killed somoene because you wanted to go fast.
                              Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Working...
                              X