Feminine America

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feminine America

What is it about society these days that everything is directed for women. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sexist what so ever but I was raised with old school morals. Everyone is so sensitive and nobody can handle anything. Every single show on TV is directed to woman with the exception of: "Spike TV" and TLC and National Geographics." The fed's get involved in everything. Here in the state of California, I believe they already passed the law that you cant lay a hand on your child. I don't support child abuse by any means but a spanking is in order sometimes. One more thing that bothers me way to much is the fact that woman Complain so much about unequal pay and job opertunity. They want everything men want and everything equal. I strongly believe that this should be true but the fact of the matter is that Woman expect everything to be equal yet don't want to work for it. Over 80% of men work much harder that your average woman. One thing is Maternity Leave. I understand completely about the Bonding time and everything yet who ends up suffering, the men. Everything is about the women in the sense that they gave birth, which I believe is great, yet men don't get the thank you for putting a roof over their head, food on the table, and the clothes on they're back, yet now a days expecting dinner when the man gets home from work is to much to ask for. Then woman think is possible to raise a child without a father there. Granted its possible to do it but its sure is not recommended. Its like i always say, I can stick my finger in an electrical socket, and I'll live, but does not mean its a good idea. Is it coincidence that the divorce rate is over 50% now. What happened to men being able to act like men. What happened to the John Waynes in the world. If women want equal rights and equal pay, I'd like to see them work as hard as men do. There are always exceptions to the rule but the less its true. Men are the ones out there taking the dangerous jobs and out there getting hurt to make that money. Working 12+ hour days, yet its not fare for the female that only works 8 and gets less $$$. If woman want equality then don't expect me to open your door, to pay for your food, or carry that box for you. A lot of that is having good manners, but these day, Considering woman are so powerful, then expect to be treated like a dude. I probably opened Pandora's Box, but its a good topic.
    All comments are welcome, just something that i have noticed for the last year.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

I'm offended!

Wanting to be like someone else is the highest form of flattery around. So women want to be like men, they can try. They are as smart as we are, and their are definitley jobs they can perform as well as us or better. There are also some things women can do that men will never be as good at, or even able to do at all. The opposite holds true as well. The sexes are not "equal". They are different and each has its own strengths and weaknesses.

It seems to me that in general women are the creators of life and men are the destroyers. As far as infrastructure, mostly men design and build cities and highways. There are far fewer female architects, engineers and skilled construction laborers.

In a sense, we live in their world. In another sense they live in our world. It's all trade-offs. All you can do as a man is find a good woman and love her forever. Dont think too hard about it, just make it so.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

My fiance puts it best...the "independant woman" wants the same equality of men...if that's the case they need to step up like men, buying gifts, opening doors, buying the engagement ring for the man...things like that. Equality is not a double standard.

Whatever...thank Hillary and Nancy for the uprising.

Good topic though...I can go Biblical, but I won't.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Exactly what I mean. Seems like you agree with me. Why were the old days so much easier? I strongly believe it was b/c men knew their roll as woman did. Now a days that why woman hold strange to the statement, "I dont need a man for ........." In reality it works a lot better. One of the major reasons why people get divorced is b/c the woman want to work when they get married. Then you run into issues. Im with you TraceZ, Find a good one and love her/him as much as possible but also know your roll in the relationship.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I'm a firm believer in equality... As long as the final product doesn't suffer.

Example - Here in CT, the standards for a woman to take a police test are lower than a man's. They have an extra 30 seconds to run the mile. They have to do less push-ups/sit-ups. It goes on and on.

If a woman wants to take the police test, sp be it. The standards should be the same across the board. If they make it, they deserved it.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Well,............................................. .........
            nobody will ever here me complain about men being treated better than me or that they get paid better, or whatever else. There will always be something I can do better, and always something that so and so man will do better. Just like women in racing.....I don't think they're in it so they can prove something, I think they're in it because they love the need for speed just like the men. I'm such a tomboy myself I'll tell you that I love it when a gentleman will open the door for me, or just plain treat me like a lady, like it has always been back to "John Wayne times". I think these extremist women are just nuts, to say it politely.

Just give me a beer, some Hooters wings, and my T/A and I'll be happy
            And you better open the door for me.
            1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
              My fiance puts it best...the "independant woman" wants the same equality of men...if that's the case they need to step up like men, buying gifts, opening doors, buying the engagement ring for the man...things like that. Equality is not a double standard.

Whatever...thank Hillary and Nancy for the uprising.

Good topic though...I can go Biblical, but I won't.
              See, Thank you. Thats what I mean. If you want to be equal then step up. Its always Assumed its the guys responsibiliy to take a female out and all that. I do that all the time being 21 and single, but at this point its pathedic b/c these chicks expect so much and then some. Thats why Im looking for someone with old school ways. ha ha ha Someone who knows how to cook and clean. Dont get me wrong, you have to take care of your woman as well. Like I always say, my mother always cooks cleans, washed all the clothes and everything for my father. In return, my mother has a very modern kitchen, drives a fully loaded Tahoe, and always has money in her pocket. So shes happy. Thats how all My uncles and aunt's are and from what I can remember, there has not been one single divorce on my mother's or father's side. Going off the Bible is a whole different issue I dont even want to get started on.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by 'STANGETR
                I'll tell you that I love it when a gentleman will open the door for me, or just plain treat me like a lady, like it has always been back to "John Wayne times". I think these extremist women are just nuts, to say it politely.

Just give me a beer, some Hooters wings, and my T/A and I'll be happy
                And you better open the door for me.
                Very well stated. Dont get me wrong, If Im taking someone out, and I invited,for damn sure im going to pay. I as well do open doors and you know pull your seat out. I have Pretty good Manners. I dont do it b/c I believe your less than me by any means, simply b/c thats how I was raised. The difference is, most woman (its real bad here in So. Cal) think they deserve the world.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I do see your point. However, to me it's all part of being a Man to begin with.

I too was raised to open doors etc. and I still do that because it's the right thing to do, not because I expect to be paid back.

It's the same thing when you buy your buddies a round or pick up the tab for dinner when you're out with friends. You do it because. Period.

Women want all the benefits of the feminist movement and still want to play the damsel card when it suits them. Get used to it. Suck it up and be a Man.

In the meantime keep looking around for the right woman. I haven't found her yet but I know she's out there somewhere.
                  My DD
                  2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Originally posted by sneitzel
                    Women want all the benefits of the feminist movement and still want to play the damsel card when it suits them. Get used to it. Suck it up and be a Man.
                    You hold a good point. One more thing that amazes me, the fact of how Law is so pro-woman. How many cases has there been when Female Teachers do things to the Kids, yet they get let off with minor charges. How in all hell is that possible. "The boy wanted it!" That's such a cop out. The Fact of the matter is, that is a child. Regardless if we went back again and again. That is a child not an adult, he does not know what's right or wrong. That is just ridiculous, and I think things like that is what's wrong with society.
                    Your right, There is the right girl out there for everyone, but for sure not get married. Now a days there is absolutely no benefit for a man to ever get married aside from biblical reasons.
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                      Now a days there is absolutely no benefit for a man to ever get married aside from biblical reasons.
                      I gotta strongly disagree with that statement.

You need to get married for your kids. Your kids need to know that mommy and daddy are "married" and will be together forever. This is necessary for security in the family unit. If you weren't married, how would you explain that to your kids that wouldn't make them insecure after talking to their friends? Marriage is many things. It's commitment. It's family security. It's a message to your children.

If you tell your kids that you and mommy are not married to eachother, they could very easily associate that with divorce and how their friends with divorced parents no longer love eachother and seperated. It could cause alot of insecurity and doubt.

Then there is the whole name thing. When you get married, the woman takes on the mans name and the kids get that name as well. This is so the kids see the family unified. They can identify all of you as a secure family group. Once again, it establishes a sense of permenance.
                      Tracy
                      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                      Current Mods:
                      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                        I gotta strongly disagree with that statement.

You need to get married for your kids. Your kids need to know that mommy and daddy are "married" and will be together forever. This is necessary for security in the family unit. If you weren't married, how would you explain that to your kids that wouldn't make them insecure after talking to their friends? Marriage is many things. It's commitment. It's family security. It's a message to your children.

If you tell your kids that you and mommy are not married to eachother, they could very easily associate that with divorce and how their friends with divorced parents no longer love eachother and seperated. It could cause alot of insecurity and doubt.

Then there is the whole name thing. When you get married, the woman takes on the mans name and the kids get that name as well. This is so the kids see the family unified. They can identify all of you as a secure family group. Once again, it establishes a sense of permenance.
                        Yes, If you plan to have kids. I agree with you 100% that you should not even be thinking about kids until those papers are signed. I should of made myself Clearer. In the case that you do not have plans for kids, There is no benefit to the man. Now-a-days with all this, getting preg. to keep the man is out of control. I have had my share but not once did I ever worry about having kids. Why? b/c I can not provide that child with everything it needs. Granted, yes I would love to have a child, but not until Im ready. I have so many friends from high school that are all running around with kids. One of my old co-workers is 23, 3 kids, lives with his parents, and washes cars for a living. Thats horrible. Ill admit, my generation is full of a bunch of spoiled punk that think its so easy, since they have mommy and daddy to help them out. My parents help us, but if we were to knock someone up, "The door is were your going to go," and thats how it should be!!
                        Eddie
                        2000 M6 Trans Am
                        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                        X