Where I've been...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where I've been...

Well, its been almost 3 mo. since I really visited or posted here. And, after what happened the last time I was here, I feel some apologies are in order along with an explanation, so here goes.

Over the last half of last year my g/f and I were going through some problems. I kept feeling something was wrong or out of place, but was assured everything was fine. Well, the last weeks of November and the first week of December proved otherwise.

The week before Thanksgiving we start getting into a big argument...I'm doing this wrong, you're not doing this, etc. This carries on into and just past Thanksgiving. We finally sort things out somewhat, but I still have that weird feeling something is wrong. The next week and a half were very uneasy...almost like I was walking on eggshells. So comes the first whole week of December, when everything starts to come together.

On Dec. 5th, a Monday, I get a text message from her saying that she's not feeling well and she's going to bed early...no big deal. We've got nights without talking before, so I thought nothing of it (she lives 800 mi. away, making it a long-distance relationship). The next couple days are pretty quiet from her...she says she's still not feeling well. On Dec. 8th, a Thursday, she informs me she won't be able to make it for our Christmas trip we had planned to my mom's then back here. The reason behind this was family emergency, which required her to stay home and watch the house and dogs while the family traveled. This not only makes me upset but worries me too. The whole weekend was horrible because of not only this but the ongoing lack of communication from her.

That Sunday, Dec. 10th, I finally get some decent dialogue from her. Once I get home from work that night, everything is explained to me...and my world was shattered. She had an affair with another man back in April after spending some time with me just a few days prior. I didn't find out till that day in December. She found out she was pregnant in June with his baby. I didn't find out till then. That Mon. before, when she wasn't feeling well, she was admitted to the hospital to give birth to their son the next day. I didn't find out till then. All this was explained to me by her mom no less...over AIM no less...after it had all happened.

To say I was crushed would be an understatement. This was the woman I loved for nearly 4 yrs. The woman I sacrificed for, the woman I adored, the woman I would have done anything for. And I was treated like this. The ensuing months were an emotional rollercoaster to say the least. Fighting bouts of anger, depression, numbness, agony and even suicide seemed to fill my time, making everything else just background noise. Only now can I say that I'm making some headway. I have finally made some closure with her after the constant annoyances from her, esp. when she tried to pin the blame for the ending of our relationship on the baby and not her actions.

Am I alright now? I'm better than I was, but not as good as I want to be. Does it still hurt? Oh yeah, and I'm sure it will for a while more. Am I telling you guys and gals this to get some sympathy? No, only to explain what happened and my state of mind at the time.

With all this said, I'd like to apologize for my lashing out. My comments about this board were unfounded and I hope you all can forgive me for them. Take care everyone and I hope to hear from you guys soon.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Steve, we all go through life thinking things are gonna be ok til the chit hits the fan and it all comes crashing down. I thought you left this board for good...I am glad to hear from ya. Chin up bro. Woman are the life and death of us!
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

Comment

sending you a pm...
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Steve -

Glad to see you're back. It wasn't the same here without you.

Just keep on keepin' on. I sent you a PM...
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

What doesn't kill us
          Doesn't kill us

You actually are better off now. Count your blessings!

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Thats a horrible thing that happened man. I dont know to much about you b/c Im pretty new to this board, but I was in a similar situation. Long distance relationships never work. If its not at the most 3 hours drive, it wont work. Your better off like RangerBob said. It sucks to except but so much better when you do.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

thats just terrible, steve. no funny thing intended there..but why do you think i love animals so much? they dont betray you....ive been betrayed by my share of humans...... it suks. like bob said though...what kills you.....will kill you...but what wont....wont... so head up and keep trucking. one life . make the most of it.

regards

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

My sincere sympathy toward your situation...... life can really suck sometimes. Just put it as far as possible behind you, and look forward to better days!

Good luck.
                Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Not to make light of your pain, but you WILL get through this. I had a largely similar experience with my wife, about 20 years ago. The guy that she had the affair with apologized years later, she never did. She didn't carry the baby to term, I still have mixed feelings about that- at least I wasn't saddled raising someone elses child, but her family doesn't know about her abortion, and she told everyone I left her- Damn straight, after she refused to break off an affair with another man.
                  You dodged a bullet, man. May not feel like it now, but better this happened before kids and mortgages were involved. Don't let this sour you on women, they aren't all jerks- though I have been pretty edgy about trusting another one for 2 decades. Just don't want to allow anyone to hurt me that badly again.
                  You will heal, get over it, find another, better partner. Don't rush it, allow yourself time and space to grieve over what you lost. Treasure what good memories you made, but you need to get back out there and continue living, having a good life. One thought that helped me through my depression was almost a revenge motive, in a way. I was determined to "show her" by having a great life in spite of everything she could do to me ( I got to buy my house twice- once, in both our names, then again, to buy her out....)
                  LIVING WELL IS THE BEST REVENGE- don't try to pay her back, just wash her out of your life, dont allow her to continue to hurt you.
                  Like I wrote, you dodged a bullet.
                  2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                  "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone, I appreciate them tremendously. And the PMs from everyone here has really made my day.

As of the past couple weeks I have been doing better, thanks largely in part to telling her to...go away...if you catch my drift . That bit of closure did wonders. And, you know, looking back I know I dodged a bullet...a big one. And I know there are better women out there...I've got my eye on two . The suicidal thoughts have been gone for a few weeks now and I am feeling better about everything. But those months were the darkest I have ever been through, and I wanted to share that with you guys so you would know why I snapped and where I've been and not think I've gone crazy. Albeit I already am though lol. I appreciate all your guys' support, it means a lot to me . As mutt-boy would say I guess, on with da show
                    Steve

Comment

I think a lot of us have been through something similar. I know I have. The pain is totally normal...it's just you readjusting to the new reality. You're right, it does suck. It gets better with time and it looks like you seeing that a little now...the more time you give it the better life gets!
                      Joe K.
                      '11 BMW 328i
                      '10 Matrix S AWD
                      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Z Ya Later
                        Well, its been almost 3 mo. since I really visited or posted here. And, after what happened the last time I was here, I feel some apologies are in order along with an explanation, so here goes.

Over the last half of last year my g/f and I were going through some problems. I kept feeling something was wrong or out of place, but was assured everything was fine. Well, the last weeks of November and the first week of December proved otherwise.

The week before Thanksgiving we start getting into a big argument...I'm doing this wrong, you're not doing this, etc. This carries on into and just past Thanksgiving. We finally sort things out somewhat, but I still have that weird feeling something is wrong. The next week and a half were very uneasy...almost like I was walking on eggshells. So comes the first whole week of December, when everything starts to come together.

On Dec. 5th, a Monday, I get a text message from her saying that she's not feeling well and she's going to bed early...no big deal. We've got nights without talking before, so I thought nothing of it (she lives 800 mi. away, making it a long-distance relationship). The next couple days are pretty quiet from her...she says she's still not feeling well. On Dec. 8th, a Thursday, she informs me she won't be able to make it for our Christmas trip we had planned to my mom's then back here. The reason behind this was family emergency, which required her to stay home and watch the house and dogs while the family traveled. This not only makes me upset but worries me too. The whole weekend was horrible because of not only this but the ongoing lack of communication from her.

That Sunday, Dec. 10th, I finally get some decent dialogue from her. Once I get home from work that night, everything is explained to me...and my world was shattered. She had an affair with another man back in April after spending some time with me just a few days prior. I didn't find out till that day in December. She found out she was pregnant in June with his baby. I didn't find out till then. That Mon. before, when she wasn't feeling well, she was admitted to the hospital to give birth to their son the next day. I didn't find out till then. All this was explained to me by her mom no less...over AIM no less...after it had all happened.

To say I was crushed would be an understatement. This was the woman I loved for nearly 4 yrs. The woman I sacrificed for, the woman I adored, the woman I would have done anything for. And I was treated like this. The ensuing months were an emotional rollercoaster to say the least. Fighting bouts of anger, depression, numbness, agony and even suicide seemed to fill my time, making everything else just background noise. Only now can I say that I'm making some headway. I have finally made some closure with her after the constant annoyances from her, esp. when she tried to pin the blame for the ending of our relationship on the baby and not her actions.

Am I alright now? I'm better than I was, but not as good as I want to be. Does it still hurt? Oh yeah, and I'm sure it will for a while more. Am I telling you guys and gals this to get some sympathy? No, only to explain what happened and my state of mind at the time.

With all this said, I'd like to apologize for my lashing out. My comments about this board were unfounded and I hope you all can forgive me for them. Take care everyone and I hope to hear from you guys soon.
                        I went through almost the same situation a little over a year and a half ago.

http://f-body.com/forum/showthread.p...highlight=taso

While I was being faithful during our break up, she wasn't after we agreed to get back together. She eventually came around but I moved on by then.

I pulled through and I know you will to. Hang in there!
                        Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Yep you are much better off! We have all been there at some level.

Hurts like hell but you do move on. After 2 failed marriages due to cheating I'll never remarry. I don't hate men I love them and I know there are some good ones out there but they have baggage just like everyone else that is what makes them who they are. I lost my soulmate 2 years ago seems like noone else measures up. Maybe some day!

Just keep your head up and settle foe nothing less than what you want!

Glad you are back!!

She's Red and she's Rare.

~Black Beauty ~ Last 97 & LT1 Hawk

Comment

Thanks everyone, its good to be back and have that monkey off my back...stupid monkey!! lol
                            Steve

Comment

man i sorta kno what u feel. i went on a family vacation couple years back. gf at the time said she was gonna stay home while her friends went to a club. if u catch my drift u kno what happens next. needless to say, i ended it right then and there. remember, what doesnt kill u, can only make u stronger. and besdies, think bout all that extra money u got now
                              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
                              X