3rd gen IrocZ 5.7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen IrocZ 5.7

well my dad thinks hes racer X ,and called me last night saying that he was messing with a 3rd gen camero Irocz and it had 5.7 tuned port injection on the back,well he was asking what the stock specs were on those,cause i guess it was making a fool out of him on the freeway,he has a WRX, im guessing the iroc wasnt stock,but i find it funny cause my dad thinks his car is god and faster then any car hahahaah,please tell me the specs so i can make fun of him, thanks (im guessing it has 225hp and gets a 16 1/4)hoping this post doesnt offend anyone!
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

depending on what year and options it coulda been anything from a 86 LG4-auto irocz to a 90 Iroc z with the L98 350/A4 or the LB9 305/T5 but the 350 auto is the fastest stock and it has 245hp(88 and later i beleive) and 320lb i beleive. also it could ha 3.42s. they run 15.4ish stock. theres too many varibles to tell what it was and what was done to it but im guessin it was running 13s pretty easily. want more info go to www.thirdgen.org
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Yeah I was going to get a 3rd gen in high school but it would have been to much problems. He has a WRX? ha ha ha. Those things are fast, Off the line and fall on their face mid track.This Past Friday I raced a WRX with a pretty big turbo pushing like 18-24lb of boost. Raced it off the line and it took me for about 200 feet and then the torque kicked in. Granted I was having those Clutch problems and I still cought up and Passed him. Those Subarus are not that great but Im sure they can Beat Stock 3rd Gens. So im pretty sure that car was not stock. Tell him to learn all about N/A cars. More reliable than any F/A induction car.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

. Tell him to learn all about N/A cars. More reliable than any F/A induction car.[/QUOTE]
        i dont no what N/a F/a means???, on his wrx he has a borla exhaust,intake, and short throw shifter
        2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

N/A means naturaly asprated, and F/A means Forced Asprated(sp?) another works N/A means no juice or boost, where F/A means boost and juice

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

N/A - Naturally Aspirated. Meaning, no turbo or supercharger.

Edit: I just saw 88Bird beat me to it.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Yeah, I was raised with old school ways when it comes to cars. Im used to my old man always getting a car and rebuilding the engine and getting it worked and everything. All gas guzzlers and everything. To when my old man had his 70's Stringray Ragtop. That thing was beautiful. I never believed in any kind of Boost or Spray. Its always better to be able to say, "Its All Motor Baby." Once you start pushing boost on a street car, your going to run into problems. If its stock turbo or S/C, leave it alone and not change the pully and you should be fine. WRX's are great cars. They carve Canyons but they will never last as much as a N/A stock engine, but there is an exception of every rule.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

not to mention i've been seening alot of subarus with bad headgaskets and we been pullin the motor to do em(u can do it in the car, but its a pain and theres only two parts u dont take off when its in the car, the bell bolts and motor mounts)

Comment

I mean The more I get comfortable with my car, I learned how easy it really is. If I can Drop My Trans in 45 minutes, I'd say thats pretty good design.
                  Yeah Turbo, JUst anothing thing u need to work about.
                  Eddie
                  2000 M6 Trans Am
                  Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

my dad likes the lag,power no power power no power,it realy does break ur neck when the turbo kicks in ,the turbo does make the car (feel) faster then a V8 in my opinion,and puts u back in ur seat more!

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                      my dad likes the lag,power no power power no power,it realy does break ur neck when the turbo kicks in ,the turbo does make the car (feel) faster then a V8 in my opinion,and puts u back in ur seat more!
                      So does my car if Im doing 65-70mph in 6th and slam it into 4th. Oh your head is getting pulled back and your stuck to that seat..lol
                      Eddie
                      2000 M6 Trans Am
                      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

my car 2 ,its just more extreme in his wrx cause of the lag,dont get me wrong i enjoy driving V8s more then turbos

Comment

Turbos and superchargers have their place, and I can respect them. Just think of the cars that wouldn't be what they are without some forced induction...

Grand National
                          GMC Syclone/Typhoon
                          Porsche 911

Even the Thunderbird SC from the early 90's was a cool car in it's own right.

With all that being said, I hold N/A engines at a slightly higher level. But I can still appreciate turbos and superchargers.
                          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

the irocz has a ls1 with nos,talked to a shop owner thats working on my car wright now ,and he nows the guy,can u even swap that engine in a 3rd gen

Comment

yes, there are kits and its not cheap. go to thirdgen.org and look thru the tech sections and any question u have will be answered.

Comment

Working...
                              X