Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUV's.. How do you feel?

Hey everyone,
    I just want to get an idea of how people here feel about SUV's. Feel free to add comments if you would like.
    No F-Body right now

I have no problem with them. Owned a few in the past. Still have one.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I have yet to own one personally, but that isn't because I don't like them. I just haven't had the need nor the want for one yet.
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

I personally hate the gas-guzzling bohemoths.... but my wife owns one. I have to admit they come in handy occassional, I just think there are better alternatives.
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

I can care less that some people drive them and have to pay all that money on gas. The only thing I hate about them is when a Female is behind the wheel. Generally Females are bad drives as it is, and now give them a 3 ton car and the rest of us are in trouble. Trust me, its horrible here in So Cal. The I10 Freeway is full of them, and all you see every day is these chicks putting on makeup as they drive, and most of them can hardly see over the dash, let alone to the sides. 90% of them dont use turn signals. Esh!. I say, hell, if you can afford the gas, more power to you!!! Put Pay attention!
          (I almost got ran off the road yesterday b/c this moron was putting on makeup and started drifting into my lane) I showed her how Shinny my fingernail was. (Yeah I know it solves nothing but She at least realized she messed up)
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I own one now.. It's OK. I'd rather have a car for a daily driver and a pickup for other things... The gas mileage is a issue also..
            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Yeah and just in case you guys think I'm being Harsh. Oh no my father got my mom a Tahoe. She drove a 1990 Sentra for 10 years and then got that thing. She ripped off some ladies bumper the other day. She's a small lady, so she does not have the greatest view and yup, clipped some little car that was next to her. Horrible. She's not driving it anymore. ha ha ha. My father, my brother nor I have been in any car accident's and my mom has a long record for getting posts or parked cars.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I hate them. I wish every one of them would vanish.

-They guzzle gas, hurting the enviroment, causing higher prices for the rest of us, and putting more money into the hands of people who aid terrorists.
                -They are HUGE, causing me not to be able to see hazards around them.
                -Most people I see driving them, drive too fast (Or just cant drive ".")

And my biggest problem with them is...

-They are high, rigid & heavy, my car doesnt stand a chance to protect me in an accident. Even in a minor accident, chances are that you will walk away with just a few dents on your bumper & I will probably have a totaled car & be in the hospital. I feel that people that drive them are putting other peoples lives at risk. No matter why someone buys a SUV, weather it be for safety, if they like the styling or if they just want to drive something thats bigger & nicer than what their neighbor has, I dont feel that they have the right to jepordize other peoples chances of surviving an accident.

End of rant.
                No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
                  I hate them. I wish every one of them would vanish.

-They guzzle gas, hurting the enviroment, causing higher prices for the rest of us, and putting more money into the hands of people who aid terrorists.
                  -They are HUGE, causing me not to be able to see hazards around them.
                  -Most people I see driving them, drive too fast (Or just cant drive ".")

And my biggest problem with them is...

-They are high, rigid & heavy, my car doesnt stand a chance to protect me in an accident. Even in a minor accident, chances are that you will walk away with just a few dents on your bumper & I will probably have a totaled car & be in the hospital. I feel that people that drive them are putting other peoples lives at risk. No matter why someone buys a SUV, weather it be for safety, if they like the styling or if they just want to drive something thats bigger & nicer than what their neighbor has, I dont feel that they have the right to jepordize other peoples chances of surviving an accident.

End of rant.

I don't go so far as saying that other people don't have the right to drive them, because you chose the car you drive also. One could say you chose to put yourself in danger (not that I'm saying that). And one could say the same thing about the dangers of large pickup trucks or 18 wheelers. Everything else Mark B says I agree with 100%, and I would add that a vast majority of people who own them don't need them. Everytime I see an SUV, it's empty except for the driver. A sedan, sation wagon, minivan, or truck would suit most people just fine. And come winter, I see more SUVs in the ditch than I see anything else. The untrained idiots that drive them think they're invincible in those things (no offense to anyone here!)
                  Dave M
                  Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Well, we can thank O.J. for their popularity

Personally, the only problem I have with them is women driving them (yes, my own kind I am bashing). Women think they own the road in them (opinion from my own personal viewing). And everyone seems to think bigger is better when it comes to those road beasts. I'd take a pickup any day over the SUV.
                    1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

Originally posted by 'STANGETR

Personally, the only problem I have with them is women driving them (yes, my own kind I am bashing). Women think they own the road in them (opinion from my own personal viewing). And everyone seems to think bigger is better when it comes to those road beasts. I'd take a pickup any day over the SUV.
                      ha ha ha. amen
                      Eddie
                      2000 M6 Trans Am
                      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

my mom owns on, a 01 sport. its not huge but big enough. could we of gotten a subarun? yea but the gas woulda been the same and theres more room in my moms explorer. id used it to get parts. we use it when it snows to get to stores or where-ever we have to go, and we have a trailer that we get mulch, rock, and dirt with cuz my dad is into gradening havily. other then that its just a nice truck and i feel safe driving it, i kno what it cant do, and what i can do(it do better in the mud with a better tire then RT/S's )
                        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Women + SUVs + cellphones = Disaster

I can't stand how big they are. You can't see around them at all. When I want to turn onto a road and look to see if it's clear, there always seems to be an SUV blocking my sight. That and the fact that they get 12 MPG. The Suburban at our company averages about 9.3 MPG around town (no exaggeration).
                          Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                          SOLD- Kinda miss it
                          94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                          SOLD- Good riddance!
                          2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

my moms isnt too too bad, it gets about 17-18 in the city and 24ish on the highway.
                            2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Well after the breaks failed in my mothers Jimmy, I can't stand them.
                              No it wasn't the SUV's fault, but I didn't really like them anyway... So it became my excuse.
                              1990 Eagle talon TSI- daily driver

78' firebird formula -350/350- stock...now dead

Comment

Working...
                              X