Kids these Day!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids these Day!!

Has anyone ever had the situation when your talking about cars at a party or kick back and someone over hears what you have and they are interested in a Race. The kicker is that they don't have the car, but one of "their" buddies has this and that. Well I was at my buddies House for his B-day. Everything was good, having a couple drinks and the Awful Keg Stands!! ha ha. I was talking to my buddy b/c he got a Nissan 240. When this kid next to me hears I have a T/A. All of a sudden he's asking me if I wanna race his Friends SRT-4. He's going on and on how its fast and will smoke anything. All I say is, "its not worth my gas." Then he's trying to bet me. He's all like "Lets do it tonight for 2 bills ($200). Now keep in mind its not even his car. Oh man, morons like that give my generation a bad rep. He goes on for about 20 minutes stop trying to push my buttons so I would say yes, but there was no way in hell i was going to race, even worse I was drinking. He tells me to meet them at the Night Races (The Street races they have every Sunday.)
    I just told him If he wants to get his a%# handed to himself, then grow up, get a car, not your friends and meet me Thursday night at the Track. He goes off and calls me p%@$# and a bunch of other stuff. ha ha ha. I laughed and continued talking to my buddies. As I'm leaving they are like 6 guys outside just standing outside kinda by my car, not for me but checking it out. They all start talking crap. ha ha ha. So I get in, Start her up, ask them "Your moms almost here to pick you up?" lol I was just going to drive off but naw, I whip the tail right around, exhaust pointing right at them, and proceed to Light the Tires up to show them what real Muscle is like. Exhaust was blowing all the tire smoke right at them, holding it at 4000rpms and completely covering them and making them disappear. I know that was childish but it was worth it to see them all run. ha ha ha.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Props to you man. You did the right thing! Did you tell em you don't race wrong wheel drive cars?
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
      Props to you man. You did the right thing! Did you tell em you don't race wrong wheel drive cars?
      HA HA HA. I asked them, Then why not race at the track? What, you wont pass tech? And his comeback was, aw you do that legal S%@t. Like Im wrong for doing something right. I tell ya, Im glad Im not so damn ignorant.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

You did better by not racing. It's a whole power play deal to that guy. Looks like you showed him up by not giving in. Life's like that...you're better off doing what you know is right. Being tough isn't any consolation after you've gotten a ticket, smashed up your car, or even worse, end up in the hospital.

5 year olds that act like that are known as spoild brats. Heaven knows what the term is when they're older.
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 99 Zeee!!
          You did better by not racing. It's a whole power play deal to that guy. Looks like you showed him up by not giving in. Life's like that...you're better off doing what you know is right. Being tough isn't any consolation after you've gotten a ticket, smashed up your car, or even worse, end up in the hospital.

5 year olds that act like that are known as spoild brats. Heaven knows what the term is when they're older.
          They also have no respect for their cars. When they crash it they and mommy or daddy will by their baby a new toy.
          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

props on the way you handled the hooligans lol. I am myself only 18 but i am all about american muscle, unlike the rest of my generation. And as far as T/As go, you wont find a high schooler that no more than me

edlebrock performer
            magnaflow cat
            flowmasters
            hopefully more to come ( headers, 3.73s, 5 speed)
            oh and a paint job with some decals (tryin to do burt reynolds proud)
            87 T/A
            91 vette TPI
            ditched FI
            Edlebrock performer
            Holley 4
            flowmaster cat back
            magnaflow cat

Just got painted black with some gold decals.......Doin burt proud

Comment

Your thread tittle explains it all
              Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

[QUOTE=ConElite]having a couple drinks and the Awful Keg Stands!! ha ha. no way in hell i was going to race, even worse I was drinking. QUOTE]

Your a brave fella anyways.....did I hear you say later in your post that you got behind the wheel after you were drinking???
                Shame, shame, shame.....
                1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

Originally posted by 'STANGETR
                  Your a brave fella anyways.....did I hear you say later in your post that you got behind the wheel after you were drinking???
                  Shame, shame, shame.....
                  No dont get me wrong. I used to drink and drive every single weekend. Endless nights of not remembering the drive home. But now, No way, once I turned 21, I hardly drink, and even less drive. I was real bad when I was like 17 and 18. I got pulled over all the time Dunk out of my mind. Thankfully I never crashed or anything. No that night I started drinking at 8pm, Stopped around 1am, went to eat and then drove home around 3:30am. So I was sober, no worries.

Originally posted by 87T/A
                  I am myself only 18 but i am all about american muscle, unlike the rest of my generation. And as far as T/As go, you wont find a high schooler that no more than me
                  I was the same way. I was ripping radiaters and water pumps out of everything at around 10. By high school, I knew to much for my own good.
                  Eddie
                  2000 M6 Trans Am
                  Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                    So I was sober, no worries.
                    I promise you, if you got pulled over, there still would have been alchie in your system
                    1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

Originally posted by 'STANGETR
                      I promise you, if you got pulled over, there still would have been alchie in your system
                      Oh Im sure there would have been. Its even worse that here In LA you see at least 2-5 cops every time you drive out of ur driveway. Its to extreme but I guess I can understand it. I know At what point I can be ok. I have a buddy that has one of those Breathalizers so we tested ourselves. lol. Either way I would have got BS from the cop for drinking at all, but the good this is that I know my way around my town, so I take all Back streets plus I was only about 1.7 miles from home so I was Alright. The stupid thing would have been, to race that moron kid or should I say, His Friends car.
                      Eddie
                      2000 M6 Trans Am
                      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

The only reason they won't do the track is because when they lose, there's documentation and witnesses. They'd prefer to keep it off the track where they can either cheat or lie about getting their butts kicked.
                        Darrin C
                        '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
                        07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by 97LT1Z28
                          The only reason they won't do the track is because when they lose, there's documentation and witnesses. They'd prefer to keep it off the track where they can either cheat or lie about getting their butts kicked.
                          ha ha ha ha. Damn True, and most punks dont even know what the water box is and how to light up the tree.
                          Eddie
                          2000 M6 Trans Am
                          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                          X