Addition to the garage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addition to the garage

My dad finally decided to get another corvette! The last one he had was a '63 fueli convertible. Its been 20 yrs since he has sat in a 60's vette, he looked like the happiest child in the world when he drove this new one. Its a 1965 fastback with the 327 - 300 hp engine, 4 spd, Sage green, tan leather, factory original everything, numbers matching, 40k original miles. The guy who is selling it is the second owner and just wants to say goodbye to it after 27 yrs. Another neat thing about when it was restored 27 yrs ago was that when the engine was taken apart for the rebuild, everything was fine and they reassembled it with just new rings, everything is the standard bore and factory gm enngine parts. The undercarriage is like new cause we had it on a lift. Everthing is perfect! Were picking it up in a week and half so I'll be sure to get pictures. The cool thing is he wants me to drive it home! I can't wait!

The only thing is, my car will never see the garage again
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

That sonds awesome! I can't wait to see some pics.
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

Comment

Cool. Drive it like you stold it. just kidding.
      Blazer

Comment

Congrats. Please post pics when you can.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
          Congrats. Please post pics when you can.
          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Its finally here!!!! I love ths thing, it drives perfect!!!

Now I have two questions for people with experience in classic cars. The book calls for 99-101 octane, is the premium today just as good? Also, What kind of oil do you reccomend, Im thinking 10w-30 regular oil. The book says 10w-30 and only 5w 30 below 32 degrees, which the car will not be run in.
            1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Absolutely awesome.
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

nice lookin car. my boss has a 65 vette roadster with the 327, 375hp 4spd set up. side exhaust, same exterior color but his is green interior it only has 65K on it. i drove it once and let me tell u, when the holley works right, it scares me. but the powervavle is always blown out but deff a sweet ride
                2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

SUPER CLEAN! Tell your dad congrats from everyone here.
                  No F-Body right now

Comment

Looking good, like the color.
                    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Thanks everyone. He couldnt be happier, he's been in the garage 24/7 since he bought it. lololol

Comment

nice ride. I have a fondness for mid year Vettes. One of these days I'm going to find myself a black 67 427 with side pipes and knock offs.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                          nice ride. I have a fondness for mid year Vettes. One of these days I'm going to find myself a black 67 427 with side pipes and knock offs.
                          Yea man, those '67 427 corvettes are amazing. The guy I work with has one sitting in his pole barn. Its been valued to at least 175k!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X