Atlantic Beach NC Here I Come

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlantic Beach NC Here I Come

So my brother is getting married on the 3rd, and they decided that they are heading to Atlantic Beach to do it. So this saturday I'm flying out there and coming back on the following friday. We'll be staying on the beach in a condo, which is pretty exciting for me since I've lived in Missouri all of my life and have only had 2 vacations. So far there's only a couple of things that we have planned out to do, shark fishing, and sailboating. I've heard that the Wright Museum is close to there and is well worth visiting. Does anyone else have any idea's of what we should do/visit, or a place we should eat at, that would be well worth our time? Any help is well appreciated.
    '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
    '00 T/A Silver
    '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Check out the light house. It's good exercise. You'll see.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I've heard that the Wright Museum is close to there and is well worth visiting.
      Wright Brothers? Not around Atlantic Beach. Unless you consider a 4-1/2 hour drive close.

Cape Lookout lighthouse (3 mile ferry ride), Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores, Fort Macon, Maritime Museum in Beaufort.

Fish Market and Restaurant in Morehead

Tryon Palace in New Bern, and the USS North Carolina in Wilmington.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
      '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
      Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

lighthouse? you must be thinking of Hatteras. Atlantic Beach is my old surfing stomping grounds of many years.. when you go across the causway... stop at Marsh Surf and Sea on the right on the island... cool surf shop. they have my old hobie nose rider long board hanging up from the ceiling in there...LOL fun place, you wont have trouble finding a good time

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

awesome thanks for the help guys that'll keep us busy during the day. Do you have any ideas for something to do for a small bacheleor party? Doesn't need to involve the stereotypical things for a bacheleor party "stripers" or anything like that. But something to do at night, or day I guess something a little more edgy I guess? thanks for the help
          '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
          '00 T/A Silver
          '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Definitely do the USS North Carolina as mentioned above.

Also, you'll be fairly close to Myrtle Beach. Just a short trip down 17. That's a great day trip.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
            X