Towing with the SS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing with the SS

I thought you guys might get a kick out of this. It was time to get the boat off the grass so it wouldn't be completely dead as spring hits. So I hitched it up and put it in the water for the season(I hope). This is actually the same hitch I had on my 93 Indy Pace Car so it's a good thing I kept it. I will say the river is really d@m cold right now(water is probably high 30's or low 40's). The water is running about 5-8' higher than normal right now but it's actually easier to launch on our ramp when it's higher. The car was great towing the boat with that SS suspension.

69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
    70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
    2000 SS Camaro daily beater

That looks sweet and yet somehow funny...Its all good as long as you don't park under one of those leaning power poles...
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

Comment

1,000 lb towing capacity..thats all the f body has............ yikes...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

The boat is pretty light(under 550 lbs with motor), that's one reason I got it to begin with. The river gets really low in the summer so I wanted something with a shallow draft. I basically tow it about 5 miles to put it in the water and it stays in the water all spring/summer/fall until I take it back out.
        69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
        70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
        2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

Working...
        X