I have been scammed!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been scammed!!!

Ohhhh, I'm one hot momma right now......I open up this letter today, for one came in my maiden name, but to my current address. It is from a so-called debt collector called RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC, out of NY. It said that they bought my debt, apparently from some Fingerhut??? I didn't even know what Fingerhut was until I did a search on the internet. So, obviously here, I never had such account, or for that matter, ANY debt with a Fingerhut. This letter says I owe $427.07, and I have 3 options to pay it by May 14th.
    I just did a Google search about them, and well, everything that came up is that they are a rip-off, junk debt buyer/collector that scams people this way in order to make money by threatening them that the so-called delinquint account will be on their credit reports. Another thing they do is try to take old accounts or debt, even if paid off, and make it look like you are presently delinquint and that it is a current, revolving account on your credit report.
    O.K., so what do I do here? Would this even appear on my credit anyways, considering they only have my maiden name? I read some people called them and threatened them with lawsuits and they immediately "closed" the account/debt, and said they would immediately take it off the credit reports.
    Sorry for this to be so long, but I really do not know what to do, and it bugs the he!! out of me because I never had such an account and I am not in the mood for dealing with this scamming chit. I can't wait 'til Monday though, 8am I'll be calling these turds (polite) and giving my peace of mind. Any thoughts? Any attorneys here??
    1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

call the police or throw it away
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

http://www.budhibbs.com/
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

File a complaint with the FTC http://blogs.mercurynews.com/consume...1_million.html

http://www.consumertipsreports.org/w..._agencies.html
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
          Yup. Do some reading on this site and your questions will be answered on exactly what to do.

Comment

And by all means get a copy of your credit report from all three agencies and go over them very carefully. Question anything that does not look right. Dispute the things that you know are not correct and make sure you follow up to make sure they get taken care of.
            My DD
            2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Yeah Get a Credit report and dispute it. I had something similar, were I got an email saying I bought something from Amazon with my paypal account for $300+. I contacted Paypal and they cleared it right up.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

A couple nights ago I checked all 3 companies for my credit report. There is not one thing on there that says I am in debt to anyone. You'd think if something were in the collection agency that it would appear on my CR?? Obviously. I know I am just being scammed, but since it is not showing on the report, I thought I would just throw away this letter. I really do not feel like calling these bass-turds about their crap and wasting my time. Buncha horse poopie. I'll give it a few more days to think about it. Someone says I should call Equifax and tell them what's goin' on so they have a heads up.
                1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

Notify all three credit companies and notify the North Carolina Attorney General's office as well.
                  2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Originally posted by 'STANGETR
                    A couple nights ago I checked all 3 companies for my credit report. There is not one thing on there that says I am in debt to anyone. You'd think if something were in the collection agency that it would appear on my CR?? Obviously. I know I am just being scammed, but since it is not showing on the report, I thought I would just throw away this letter. I really do not feel like calling these bass-turds about their crap and wasting my time. Buncha horse poopie. I'll give it a few more days to think about it. Someone says I should call Equifax and tell them what's goin' on so they have a heads up.
                    You need to send them a letter as provided on the Bud Hibbs website. Then if they don't go away, you can report them to the state for them to take action. Unfortunately, I have experience in this topic. If you don't remember anything else, remember that any communication must be in the form of writing to satisfy any legal issues. Phone conversations aren't worth squat. You shouldn't ignore the issue, you must attack it.

Comment

This happened to me years ago. I can't remember what I did, but it was the same Fingerhut thing that I supposedly owed money to. I think I called up the collector and bawled them out and didn't pay it or something. Not that this reply helps or anything, it's just that my jaw dropped when I read this. Apparently they've been at this for a while because it was easily ten years ago for me.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                      X