Ahhhhh......fun....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahhhhh......fun....

Just got home from the Auto Fair spring car show here at the speedway in Charlotte. This show is so big it would take one 2 days to see everything. I just have soooo much enjoyment seeing everything I can't have
    So while you fellas are sitting at work, I'm looking at some real classic beauties.....'68 & '69 Camaros, a few Firebirds, lots of Chevelle's and 'Vettes, and beautiful Mopars, and whatever else in-between. And the sound of "popping corn", that oh-so wonderful sound from a big cam......just makes me want something old instead of my 4th gen Then I look at the engines and say to myself, "so much easier to work on"!!
    Maybe someday I will go with something old....I'm REALLY liking those Mopars, and they hold their value very well.
    So on the board here, what do we prefer? Old classics or modern muscle??
    1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

If I ever get the chance to build a car it will be a combination of both.

I would love to have a late 2nd gen Firebird with a body that actually fits on top of a modern suspension, powered by a modern engine/trans and a completely custom interior with all the creature comforts.

We all have a dream...
    My DD
    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Originally posted by sneitzel
      If I ever get the chance to build a car it will be a combination of both.

I would love to have a late 2nd gen Firebird with a body that actually fits on top of a modern suspension, powered by a modern engine/trans and a completely custom interior with all the creature comforts.

We all have a dream...
      I was thinking the same thing, buying a 60 s 70 s trans am , and puttting 4th gen drivetrain under it and an ls1 . All with upgraded suspension and all . and the interior old interior with new red leather seats (black car), dash that looks old and stock, but when you start the engine the modern dash lights up ( from a gto maybe)...oh well, wont be very soon, but i have not given up the ideea
      93 t/a A4 3.23s
      95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
      99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
      99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
      97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
      93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
      00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

I'm new school all the way. But don't get me wrong I love old school too. It does have to be an old car to get that huge nasty cam lope. Mine does it and it's a 4th gen.
        '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
        '00 T/A Silver
        '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Originally posted by Trans Am
          I was thinking the same thing, buying a 60 s 70 s trans am , and puttting 4th gen drivetrain under it and an ls1 . All with upgraded suspension and all . and the interior old interior with new red leather seats (black car), dash that looks old and stock, but when you start the engine the modern dash lights up ( from a gto maybe)...oh well, wont be very soon, but i have not given up the ideea
          If you wanted a first gen then a company has already started to beat you to it. Goodmark makes an Hybrid with the body of a first gen, but the underside of a 4th gen.
          1990 Eagle talon TSI- daily driver

78' firebird formula -350/350- stock...now dead

Comment

You should get an LS7.

Joke.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
            Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Working...
            X