Attention everyone, please read

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention everyone, please read

Things happen from time to time that really make you stop and think hard about life in general. I had that experience this weekend, something that came as a direct result of this board.

Lately, things have been a little tough to say the least. The whole car accident thing, the subsequent pain and doctor's visits, etc. Not to mention still having to work and raise junior. The T/A is still sitting in the garage and progress with everything is slow. I did manage to get the 94 Camaro back on the road, albiet still needing a few items to be 100%. The 93 needs headgaskets and that will probably be the next repair, plus some other odds and ends. Funds dictate that all the repairs are done by me, there is no handing the keys to a shop and saying "fix it".

I limped out to the mailbox without my cane and as usual, the box was stuffed full of ads, credit card offers, bills and a suprise with something from another board member. I filtered out all the junk stuff and immediatly put it all though the shredder, I finally got to a letter from Dave M. When I opened the letter, along with it was a donation pool from the members of F-body.com. I gotta tell everyone, I was speechless. It made me forget what I was doing at that moment, being totally shocked and in reflection about how fortunate and thankful I really am to have such great friends. I've been in a bit of a daze for two days thinking about this, words cannot really do justice to the moving experience that you all have allowed me to experience, I will be forever grateful for the kindness and generosity that you all have shown me. Someday I hope I can do a little something to show my true appreciation. These funds will allow me to do the headgaskets on the 93 plus some other assorted repairs that will keep my F-body fever alive and well.

God bless you all and thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Glad we could help.
    No F-Body right now

Comment

...and get well soon!
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

It's money well spent, Joe! Keep getting better!
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

I hear you Joe. We just did a benefit for my step-daughter that is very ill this past weekend. Between several car boards I am on, there was over 500.00 donated from the "car guys". A lot of people that don't even know me other than through my posts. It really makes you realize how tight a group these people are when it comes to helping out.

Good luck on your recovery!

Comment

Put it to good use... Get better soon...
            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

You are MOST welcome!! Glad we could all help somehow. I'm just glad you stopped at this letter before the shredder had an appetite for it Good luck with everything in the future!
              1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

Glad to help out Joe. Here's to a speedy recovery for both you and the 93
                Steve
                79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Good luck Joe, get well soon; you are family to us
                  94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Keep on getting better !
                    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                    pics and info

Comment

you deserved it. your respect and hard work for the f body community and personality of caring carries emotion my friend.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                        you deserved it. your respect and hard work for the f body community and personality of caring carries emotion my friend.
                        well said

Get well soon ,
                        and i m sure you will find another Trans Am and start over building it up and making it even better.
                        93 t/a A4 3.23s
                        95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
                        99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
                        99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
                        97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
                        93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
                        00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Working...
                        X