No announcement yet.

Got a ticket, judge dismissed it today.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a ticket, judge dismissed it today.

I explained my story to the judge and she dropped the ticket totally. It was a 5 over violation, 125 and 3 points. I got lucky. Sat in the court room for 2 hours, but it was worth it. I never had a ticket totally dismissed, I was stoked.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Let me get this straight....a cop wrote you a ticket for going 5 over?

Was the cop there? Did the judge look at him and told him not to waste her time? It's usually the rookie cops (less than 4 years on the force) who write tickets like that and for others like no front plate, tinted windows, etc. Next time a cop pulls you over for a nuisance (NOT a moving violation), don't be afraid to ask him how long he's been on the force, or if you look at his name tag you can see it right underneath his name.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

5 over, boy thats pretty sick to get a ticket for something like that. I was once talking to a guy who got pulled over for going 1 mph over the speed limit. I was a Military Policeman and there are some guys who are just overzealous. If I outranked them I could straighted them out.

Comment

the cop didn't show up. I had saw the cop by the time i was halfway down the block. He was sitting at the four way stop. I saw him, made sure I was doing the speed limit (i was doing between 25-28 mph). Right after I passed the intersection (which he sat at to watch me), I pulled over and parked cause I was at my destination. He flicked his lights on when I was gettin out of the car.

He questioned me about where I was going, where I was coming from, why I was out so late, etc... I explained to him I had just got outta work. He asked "What's your hurry?" I said "no hurry sir, just got out of work, just going to chill out with a friend of mine, he lives right here."

He takes my stuff back to his car and is there for a few minutes. I don't know what his problem is, he was taking forever. So he comes back 5 minutes later and says "You ever been arrested?" I tell him "No, sir. Why do you ask?" and he says "No reason, I'll be right back."

He comes back a minute later with a ticket for 5 over. He gives me the ticket and says "You have 14 days to pay, all the info is there."

I was outraged. I know I wasn't speeding. He had pulled me over looking for no registration, no proof, warrants, etc... When he didn't have anything on me, he pulled that out of his ass.

So as he's walking back to his car, I see what he wrote me up for, and i open the door and say "Excuse me, sir! What is this about?!?!"

And he says "Close the door, sir! Get back in the vehicle!!"

So I say "Sir, I was not speeding, why did I get a speeding ticket?!"

He says "You were speeding!" so I asked "How fast was I going?!" and I opened the door again, and he put his hand on his gun and said "Sir! Get back in the car and close the door!" And I shut the door and asked "Sir, please tell me, how fast exactly was I going?! What did you clock me on?! I wasn't speeding!!" I knew he didn't get me on radar. He was young, probably a first year cop.

and he said "Too fast!!" got in his car, and sped off VERY fast, kinda like spitting in my face. He took off to at least 40 mph. Just a PITA to get up at 9 am, go to school until 2 30, then work from 3-11 30 pm then get pulled over for nothing. I felt totally jipped, like he was just messing with my well being, which is wrong. There are tons of bad drivers you can bust, don't mess with teh people who are doing their best, going to school and work all day, life is hard enough already. When I drive down a side street, I'm not johnny racer, I do the speed limit, I stop, I drive like a granny to be honest. I have nothing to prove to myself speeding down a street. I'm 22. Back when I was 16 I might have sped everywhere I go, but those days are gone. I know that's just asking for trouble. After your first few tickets you tend to calm down. I honestly did nothing wrong on this day. I was listening to some easy going love music, which makes me drive slower then when I rock out some G n R or whatever.

So at court, before I went up, the cop said he had another case to tend to, and the judge dismissed it right away. I was very happy. I did write a letter to the gov. of Michigan, because I felt that he was totally out of line. I never got a response from her. But sitting in the court room, hearing all the cases, I saw what a scam it was. Everybody was dealing with the same thing, and it's all just a big money making joke.

I'm just happy I walked away with money in my pocket and no points on my record.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

In PA if the speed limit is under 55 you can't be convicted of speeding unless you're going 10 or more mph over the limit, unless the cop paces you and uses their speedometer, then he can get you for whatever but he has to pace you for .3 miles.
          Dave M
          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

I had a probabilty and statistics professor who was pulled over for speeding using the painted lines on the road (VASCAR?). Anyway, he was pulled over for going 9 over the speed limit (34 in a 25) right at an area where the speed limit drops from 35 to 25.

He went into court with charts and graphs showing percentage error for: The distance of the lines being perfect (in inches, 1 inch off equaled a certain amount of speed error), the reaction time error of the cop with the stop watch, and the percent error of the general calculation the method that determines if you are speeding. The whole thing came to a plus or minus of 9.3 Miles an hour in a 25!

Nonetheless, he was still issued the ticket. But maintains to this day he wasnt speeding. The story was so good that I wrote down how to mathmatically disprove a speeding ticket using that method. It's all about finding how much error there is in the means of determining speed.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
              I explained my story to the judge and she dropped the ticket totally. It was a 5 over violation, 125 and 3 points. I got lucky. Sat in the court room for 2 hours, but it was worth it. I never had a ticket totally dismissed, I was stoked.
              3 points!!!!!!!!!!

i was looking at 4 points for a 53 in a 35 but luckily i got it reduced

Comment

Man 3 points Raro? Insane. And I was beating myself b/c I got One single speeding ticket back about a year ago. Most cops over near my house are pretty cool. I have cruised at like 80 mph with a cop right next to me. No biggie. There are though those cops that are total pricks. There is a pair of cops that always post up right down the street from my house. I have got one speeding ticket and one Fix it from them. They are total A-Holes. Like when they pulled me over for having "black outs on my head lights." I go on and tell the cop they are Flip up lights, as I open them up and he goes to the front of my car and the says, "You have no front Licence plate!" I was furious. I got that ticket cleared and I put the Cover back on. I pass by that same cop every week with no Front licence plate and he does not bother. That right there is what really ticks me off. Either way, Im happy I dont have any points on my record. My buddy has 3 and pays more for his insurence than I do for my entire car. ha ha ha
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                  Either way, Im happy I dont have any points on my record. My buddy has 3 and pays more for his insurence than I do for my entire car. ha ha ha
                  I have three points for "Not coming to a COMPLETE stop at a stop sign" and my insurance did not go up at all.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
                    I have three points for "Not coming to a COMPLETE stop at a stop sign" and my insurance did not go up at all.
                    ah. No my buddies are from speeding, driving on the wrong side of the road and some other junk, i guess thats why his insur. is so expensive.
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

points is points. I got my 3 poins from doing 85 in a 70. My insurance went up 200 /year

Comment

Points systems are different in every state. 3 points in one state may not be as severe as 3 points in another state. In PA you lose your liscense at 6 points.
                        Dave M
                        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
                        X