X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP: Ciera

RIP: Ciera
    http://www.fullmoonfarm.org/show-bio.php?name=Ciera

Nancy Brown, my good friend and president of fullmoon farm wolf and wolfdog sanctuary called last night..... ing. We lost Ciera to intestinal cancer. It came out of nowhere... she had to be put down.

Ciera was my first rescue after forming WRR. A local couple, Coast Gaurd officers (him and her)... got her from a breeder and had no idea how much "work" it was to have a wolfdog. My vet told them about me and they called. The rest is history. Ciera got placed in one home, but the new adopter turned her back into fullmoon farm after being taken ill and could not handle Ciera anymore......

Anyway..just wanted to share it with the dog lovers here and say goodby to her.

hv@gr8 friday.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Sorry to hear Ken...

Prayers for strength.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

That's too bad... I feel for the owners... I still remember having to put down our Collie... Even though I knew it was the right thing to do, It had to be one of the hardest things to do...

TGIF
      2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
      1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
      2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
      2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
      2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Is the glass half empty, or half full? We lost a good animal, but you helped to make her last years on the planet better. Be glad you got to meet her and help her in your own way.
        That's the trouble with canines- we outlive them, and they each take a piece of our heart with them. Sorry for the loss, but count your blessings in having known her-
        2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
        "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

That's too bad.....but she is the lucky *few* that actually get a chance at life. What a sweetheart.

I looked through the website again, looking at all the beautiful wolfdogs up for adoption. Little did I know that rescue is right here in my state. Maybe....just maybe I might consider adopting a wolfdog in the future. I have a German Shepherd right now and he is 7, so it would be after him. I don't think he will adapt well to another friend.

Ken-What is owning a wolfdog so different than from owning a large breed, like my male German Shepherd? He requires *I believe* just as much love and attention, as well as knowledge and strength to deal with his protective tendencies and his strength for his size. In the website it says to do your research before considering ownership of a wolfdog, could you be so kind to tell me what is different that they require?
          Also, do you know off hand if North Carolina requires a permit for the higher content wolfdogs?
          1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

Originally posted by 'STANGETR
            That's too bad.....but she is the lucky *few* that actually get a chance at life. What a sweetheart.

I looked through the website again, looking at all the beautiful wolfdogs up for adoption. Little did I know that rescue is right here in my state. Maybe....just maybe I might consider adopting a wolfdog in the future. I have a German Shepherd right now and he is 7, so it would be after him. I don't think he will adapt well to another friend.

Ken-What is owning a wolfdog so different than from owning a large breed, like my male German Shepherd? He requires *I believe* just as much love and attention, as well as knowledge and strength to deal with his protective tendencies and his strength for his size. In the website it says to do your research before considering ownership of a wolfdog, could you be so kind to tell me what is different that they require?
            Also, do you know off hand if North Carolina requires a permit for the higher content wolfdogs?
            the only permit required in NC is for a wolf. wolfdogs are considered domestic. but trust me......you do not want a higher content wolfdog for your first wolfdog....... dont go there man........

go google wolfdogs. read up. its all there . it would take me 4 hrs to sit here and type what you need to know..and then some.... if you do get ready, we can always land line. google up broh.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

...cancer. It came out of nowhere... she had to be put down.
              Been there...done that...Lost our Golden to cancer 8 years ago. Still brings a tear to my eye...

My heart goes out to those that loved Ciera.

BTW:
              the only permit required in NC is for a wolf. wolfdogs are considered domestic. but trust me......you do not want a higher content wolfdog for your first wolfdog....... dont go there woman........

go google wolfdogs. read up. its all there . it would take me 4 hrs to sit here and type what you need to know..and then some.... if you do get ready, we can always land line. google up sis.
              fixed it for ya'...

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
              '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
              Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

BTW:fixed it for ya'...[/QUOTE]

Thank ya, Broh........
                1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

Originally posted by 'STANGETR
                  BTW:fixed it for ya'...
                  Thank ya, Broh........ [/QUOTE]

opps. sorry. typing too fast and multi tasking

Comment

Working...
                  X