Conspiracy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conspiracy?

It does make you wonder if those invested in oil are closing the doors to other forms of energy.......

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18700750/

Easy, You think The government does not have the funding and people to discover this stuff out, But Imagine the Drop in the taxes if people had a decent alternative to Oil based fuels. Yes we have electric but its not all that great. We now have hybrid, but the less it still runs on gasoline. Your telling me, We can put a man on the moon but we cant find a way to make sa car/bike/mobile move without Fossil Fuels? Very interesting. Great find Joe.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I am, by no means, a conspiracy theorist. With that said, I firmly believe some of the rumors and stories I've heard on this subject. Inventors of alternate fuel sources have come up missing... Others have sold out for huge, unconfirmed sums of cash... The list goes on.

This is one of the few I'll buy into.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I look at it like this.

I'm sure there have been some back room buyouts and kneecaps broken over the years but I seriously doubt anyone is witholding technology that could legitimately solve this problem.

Think about it. If GM did have the technology to make cars that got 100+ MPG or something like that why wouldn't they develop and release it? In the current climate that kind of a breakthrough would mean they could sell cars faster than they could make them and corner the market. Translation: They would make a sh** load of money.

And that is what it's all about right.......
        My DD
        2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Originally posted by sneitzel
          I look at it like this.

I'm sure there have been some back room buyouts and kneecaps broken over the years but I seriously doubt anyone is witholding technology that could legitimately solve this problem.

Think about it. If GM did have the technology to make cars that got 100+ MPG or something like that why wouldn't they develop and release it? In the current climate that kind of a breakthrough would mean they could sell cars faster than they could make them and corner the market. Translation: They would make a sh** load of money.

And that is what it's all about right.......
          No, they wont make that much money. It takes a considerable amount of sales to earn back the funds spent on R&D. The current stuff has basically been tweaked and re-tweaked for the last 50 years. Ain't nothing too new there so not much money is spent on developing new technology. A new powersystem would cost billions to develop, market and produce. It would be years before the costs could be recovered. You are right, it is all about making money and the current technology makes them quite a bit.

Comment

Of course it's a conspiricy. If a product were to come out tomorrow that quickly eliminated the need for oil-based energy, the american economy would crash severely. Convenience stores would all close (no gas sales), all oil refineries would close, oil brokers - gone, truckers who transport oil & gas would have to park their worthless tankers, geologists who serve oil drilling would be unemployed and oil drilling operations would freeze, offshore drilling would stop, people who invest in oil on the stock market would invest elsewhere, huge huge unemployment would be the result. We've tangled ourselves into a huge nasty web and it's gonna take time to get ourselves out of it. This wouldn't happen overnight but it would be a huge and very difficult transition for our economy but it's inevitable.
            Darrin C
            '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
            07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Working...
            X