Another Race Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Race Day

So I finally got some new tires, Not radials but 255 instead of 245's. I was hoping they would help out alot. Nope.
    Old Time= 8.803

New Times:
    First run: 8.754
    Second Run: 8.731
    Pretty consistant

Its a difference but with a 2.16 60', thats whats killing me. I trapped at 83mph. The line-lock worked great. Ill post the video when I get home. I got beat buy an Evo. It was pretty fixed up. He was pushing low 20'slb of boost. He ran an 8.13. Kind of sad about that but At least I can say, Im All stock other than exhaust. I figure with headers, Radials, high flow Y-pipe or offroad pipe and a lid, I should be able to Pull a very high 12 in the quarter. What do you guys think.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

high 12 easily. You'd have taken that evo in a 1/4.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
      high 12 easily. You'd have taken that evo in a 1/4.
      I asked him at what he launched, He dumped the clutch at 6500RPMs. He has a 1.71 60'. Yeah I started to catch him at the end. Im at around 13.50 right now so I'd say with tires and a 1.9 60' should put me at around 13.4-13.2. Then with Headers Intake and Y-pipe, "Hello 12's"
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Personally, the first thing I would do is get a spare pair of wheels and get some drag radials. that should reduce your 60' time by .2 at least. once you have traction, then add more power. With really cool air and a sticky track, you may even cut a 1.9 60' time.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          Personally, the first thing I would do is get a spare pair of wheels and get some drag radials. that should reduce your 60' time by .2 at least. once you have traction, then add more power. With really cool air and a sticky track, you may even cut a 1.9 60' time.
          I was thinking of the Nitto Drag Radials. I have a set of Salad toosers that came off my brother Z. So I was thinking some 245/50R16-You think that would be good? Or should I save my money and get some G-Force T/A Drag Radial Tire P255/50R16. I dont really every plan to do to much more than bolt on's so.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
            I dont really every plan to do to much more than bolt on's so.
            lmao, yeah we'll see about that man. as for salad shooters, I'd say NAY. Get a pair like yours and put the nitto's on there, that way you don't look stupid if you go out on friday night for a little fun here and there. Salads wouldn't look bad at the track but i don't think ur gonna wanna roll on them outside of the track.
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
              lmao, yeah we'll see about that man. as for salad shooters, I'd say NAY. Get a pair like yours and put the nitto's on there, that way you don't look stupid if you go out on friday night for a little fun here and there. Salads wouldn't look bad at the track but i don't think ur gonna wanna roll on them outside of the track.
              Ha ha ha. I dont plan on doing any internals for at least a year or 2, when I pay it off. As for looking stupid, I can care less about that. Its not going to hurt my ego. HA HA HA. Plus I seriously dont even mess around on the weekends. Im working 7 days a week. Plus All these punks around here are all ricers and not worth my gas. ha ha ha. So Yeah Im going to get the Nitto's and Mount them on the Salad Shooters. You really think They will hold? They are only 245's?
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
              X