help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

I get paid good money ,but I work for my mom and she is very hard on me and abusive towards me so I want to quit,Ive been offered a job at a chevy dealership as a tow truck driver,Here's my problem I got in big trouble when I was 18,and got a felony,Does any one no if they do background checks,the felony will be off my record in 6 months,but by then the job may be taken,I have rent so I dont want to get this job then get fired from the towtruck job later,It doesnt ask if I have a crimimnal record and the application,Im very nervous Ill get hired then they will do a check later and the Ill be fired and out off a job,please help any one, no one is sure what I should do
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Be up front with them. Tell them now. They may see you as being honest if you do and hire you and give you a break. If you don't and they do find out they will most likely fire you.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Thats what I was gonna do,But my dad keeps telling me they wont do a background check???????? just a driving record check,this is driving me crazy
      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

I'm sorry to say man But your Dad is giving you false information. Think about it. They are going to give you a car that can carry away other cars. What if some convicted felon got hired and he was known for stealing cars... Hello.
        Its pretty much commen sense. They will do a background check and Driving record and Drug test. Your best bet is to Be honest before they find out and figure you were trying to hide it.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Well Ill pass the drugtest and driving record report,do u guy's think I should wait 6 months,to apply,I feel if I am honest now,and they dont hire me, they wont hire me in 6 months when my records clean

Comment

Im doing criminal background checks on myself wright now and nothing coming up for me

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
              I feel if I am honest now,and they dont hire me, they wont hire me in 6 months when my records clean
              Then maybe fate is telling you this isn't the right job for you right now.
              Be honest with them. Apply for the job now and explain what happened. Indicate that you have learned from your mistake and want the chance to prove that.

I think you'd be in much worse shape if you're not honest with them and they find out. Yes, they probably would fire you but on top of that when you apply for the next job they'll want to know why you were fired from your last job. Dishonesty is a major black mark to most employers.

Suck it up, take responsibility for your past mistakes and you'll be in much better shape in the future.
              My DD
              2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Absolutely tell them.

I hire employees all the time. I have ten that work under me, and Believe me when I tell you... We do background checks.

I have a girl who has been working for me for the past two years. She's easily my best employee. When she came in for an interview, she was upfront about why she was fired at her last job. I was very impressed with her honesty, and I don't regret hiring her one bit.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Here's an idea: go back to school.

Good luck.

And I'm pretty sure that unless they say they're doing a BG test on you, they won't.
                  99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

if ur gonna drive a tow truck, u go by DOT rules. im working for the garbage company, i get to take a piss test and had a backround test. just tell them man. whats the worse they gonna do? say no? least u still have a job. i went and aplied for my current job while still employed, then when i knew i got the job i put my two week in. my current employer said that if i got let go faster just go down and he start me right away
                    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
                    X