Just got back from vacation......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got back from vacation......

Let's have a little fun, ya'll guess what I did on vacation. here's a little hint:

A little seat time in an A-7 Corsair

Pensacola?
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
      Pensacola?
      Dayum...... nailed it.

The Naval Aviation Musium in Pensacola.

If you haven't been there, it's a must see, Tuesdays and Wednesdays the Blue Angels practice their show and believe me, you are closer than what you get at an airshow. I was able to crawl all over one of their F-18s, what a thrill. I was just a few minutes late arriving on the base for that day's show and I'm glad. They took off in formation and literally flew over the top of the car while we were on the bridge...... perhaps a height of 100 feet. What a show.

But.... glad to be home.

Comment

Looks like you had an awesome time. Welcome back.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

here's one of a Blue Angels' F-18:

Next I have to get the appropriate cable to post some vids.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            Dayum...... nailed it.
            He he he
            http://www.naspensacola.navy.mil/
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

That's awesome, Joe!

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Im glad they didnt let you fly any of em..........

welcome back. i banned all the flamers that came after you.........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I lived in Pensacola for years. My mom still lives there, in fact, right off Gulf Beach Highway, about two miles from the back gate of the base. The Blues fly over her house all the time. In fact, the last time I was home, I was sitting at our kitchen counter and heard them take off, a minute later I looked up through the skylight and saw them right over the roof. It was awesome. She did tell me the other day she was driving down Blue Angel Parkway and they flew right over the road, they were so loud it scared her and she put on her brakes. I told her I'd have to get her a bumper sticker..."I brake for the Blues!"

If you've never been to the Blues homecoming airshow on the base there in November, you need to go. It's the best show, and it's free. Park at the Museum and take the shuttle over to the field, and you miss all the traffic.

I could go to the museum there every day and never get sick of it. I like the exhibit with the salvage planes set up as though they are still underwater. Did you catch any of the IMAX shows?

2001 Camaro V6, stock

Comment

When I lived in FWB, I went there a few times... you should also check out Eglin's Museum, they have an SR-71 outside albieit a stripped one
                    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                    pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by FlyerPoot
                      I lived in Pensacola for years. My mom still lives there, in fact, right off Gulf Beach Highway, about two miles from the back gate of the base. The Blues fly over her house all the time. In fact, the last time I was home, I was sitting at our kitchen counter and heard them take off, a minute later I looked up through the skylight and saw them right over the roof. It was awesome. She did tell me the other day she was driving down Blue Angel Parkway and they flew right over the road, they were so loud it scared her and she put on her brakes. I told her I'd have to get her a bumper sticker..."I brake for the Blues!"

If you've never been to the Blues homecoming airshow on the base there in November, you need to go. It's the best show, and it's free. Park at the Museum and take the shuttle over to the field, and you miss all the traffic.

I could go to the museum there every day and never get sick of it. I like the exhibit with the salvage planes set up as though they are still underwater. Did you catch any of the IMAX shows?
                      I can relate, that's a great story. I wasn't able to catch any of the IMAX shows, I'm saving that for next month when I go up there again. Can't wait. I spent a good part of the day just going over the details of the planes on display, I still didn't get to see it all.

Comment

Man, I wish you would have posted up. I live in Mobile and I would have loved to meet the infamous Joe face to face. Not to mention they have an F14 simulator that I just HAVE to get in, and they also have one of very few RA5C Vigilante's, which is what my dad flew in when he was in Vietnam for his 3 tours.

Unfortunately for me I haven't been able to catch a Blues show since I was a child. I either find out too late, or have to work. Well, that and the fact that the whole entire population of Northwest Florida and South Alabama all attend the show the exact same day too!
                        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
                          Man, I wish you would have posted up. I live in Mobile and I would have loved to meet the infamous Joe face to face. Not to mention they have an F14 simulator that I just HAVE to get in, and they also have one of very few RA5C Vigilante's, which is what my dad flew in when he was in Vietnam for his 3 tours.

Unfortunately for me I haven't been able to catch a Blues show since I was a child. I either find out too late, or have to work. Well, that and the fact that the whole entire population of Northwest Florida and South Alabama all attend the show the exact same day too!
                          Working on a couple of days there next month!

Comment

Working...
                          X