What do you all think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you all think?

I'm graduating on friday and i'll be getting alot of $$$ so i want to know what you all would reccomend me spending it on for my car. i'm not spending all of it as i need to save most of it for college and rent. i want to do something to get some more horses out of my engine but not do anything serious yet. so some advice would be great!
    1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

125 shot of the juice would be the most gain for the least money. get a wet kit, not a dry kit.
    87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

How much is "Alot of $$$?"
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

From looking at your mods I think you're pretty set but of course you can always go deeper into the engine. Take it from someone who is entering their senior ( ) year of college: SAVE IT! Becuase costs just keep going up and up. I fortunately have tution/rent/meal plan already paid for. You wouldn't believe how universities nickel and dime you.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

I have no clue how much $ i will get but it will be quite a bit..not enough to go internally or do headwork as i have to save alot of it for college. I was thinking maybe rockers would give me at least 15 horses plus i could probably put them in myself with some friends. As for the nitrous, i'm not sure it would be a good idea because i have 81k miles. would it be safe?
          1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Comment

you could run a 125 shot on an lt1 motor with 81k miles all day long. just make sure it's a wet kit.

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

alright i thought at around this many miles it was risky..i'm actually gonna go check out some wet nitrous kits right now..hopefully its not too far out of my budget. but what do you think about new 1.6 rockers?

Comment

can the stock lt1 springs handle the added lift of 1.6 rockers? i'm a thirdgen guy so i don't really know too much about the lt1 head setup.

many thirdgen guys run 100-125 shot spray on L98 motors with that many miles or more, the lt1 has better internals then the L98 does. you should be able to pick up a wet kit from summit racing for 560 or so, then you'll need a few extras. mainly being the window switch and purge kit. i'd also get a pressure gauge for the bottle so you know when you're starting to run out or loosing pressure.

Comment

i really dont know much about internals of my lt1 thats why i was asking if rockers would be a good idea..that nitrous is a good idea though. i just checked out summit and they have the ZEX 75-125 wet shot for $569..would th is be a good choice?

Comment

my advice is to bank the money. Then as original parts fail, do some upgrades.

Comment

take what u dont need and throw them in a CD account. let the money work for u
                      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
                        take what u dont need and throw them in a CD account. let the money work for u
                        can you get cheap cd accounts around there? i know the bank we alway use has a minimum 5k down to start one.

Comment

http://home.ingdirect.com/ or https://www.emigrantdirect.com/Emigr...tWeb/index.jsp

Offer great savings rates without having to lock in to a CD. They run 4.5 and 5.05 percent.
                          2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                          1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                          2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                          2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                          2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Working...
                          X