Such sad news.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such sad news.....

O.K., my birds again......Yesterday I heard such a commotion going on outside (the birds) and went to check it out. As soon as I opened the door, a Red-tailed hawk flew out of the bush. This is the bush that had the "other" nest with eggs that hadn't hatched yet. Well, I decided to go out and check, going to the nest of baby Cardinals (the ones I took pics of and posted them here in "Spring Arrivals" thread), and well every one was gone Obviously if you saw the pics from a few days ago, they totally weren't ready to fly yet so that wasn't the case. I know this is how nature works, but it does suck to see the little ones all gone, and yet to know they were eaten.

Good news though, the hawk didn't touch the eggs in the other nest, and well, to my surprise when I looked in there, 3 had hatched! I don't know if the other is a bad egg, or will hatch later. I've never seen birds "this" young, they are officially 2 days old today (I've been checking the nest everyday)

So here are some new pics of some new birds that hopefully fate will treat them better.

**By the way, I am not a bird person (except a "Firebird" person!!), I just find this so interesting and feel the need to share **
    Attached Files
    1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Great pictures!

They look hungry.

You should have regurgitated some pizza for them . . . . .
    Darrin C
    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

I love birds. I've got 2 Cockatiels myself

Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Keep the pics coming. To see how they are doing.
        Blazer

Comment

Great pics.

Look at the bright side... You got to see a hawk land in your yard.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Instead of a LoudMouth we got to see a couple of BigMouths
            97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
              I love birds. I've got 2 Cockatiels myself

Hey Taso...don't you mean Cop-atiels?

OK...bad joke. Couldn't help it...
              Al 96 Ram Air T/A
              Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Working...
              X