NASCAR news...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR news...

Dale Jr. has just announced that he will, in fact, be driving for Hendrick next year. He will now be teammates with Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson.

Go figure...
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

OMG, did hell freeze over?
    Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

YEAH BABY!!! Talk of the town here in racing central, Charlotte, NC.

NOT a Junior fan.......I am a complete Gordon fanatic, and this news couldn't have gotten any better

The Hendrick's team is going to be very hard to beat now, too!!
      1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

10 out of 14 wins? Seems like they were already pretty hard to beat. It's going to take some time to get use too. Go 48!

Comment

I think the other teams are gonna protest and probably throw in the towel.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

An wimp boy Bush goes to DEI. DEI is history. Oh well thats NASCAR.
            Blazer

Comment

That's what the evil step mom deserves! She shoulda just turned it over to little E, she woulda made more $'s in the long run.

Comment

That's gonna send the Alabama rednecks in a tail spin. Jr in bed with his arch enemy Gordon.

Bad move for DEI. I wonder though what would happen if Jr would win the title this year?
                97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

With Hendricks at 10 wins out of 14 I doubt that's going to happen, but then again if you said little E would be driving for Hendricks a few months ago I would have said "you're outta your tree."

Comment

Think dale wants to win
                    1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

The fact of the matter is that Dale wants two things: big money backing him so he can win, and to win. Obviously he would have preferred to stay where he was, but the evil stepmother can't see the forest for the trees. He couldn't go with Childress because the fans would want him to drive the 3 car, and like him, I don't think he needs to at this time in his life. He actually wanted to go team up with Joe Gibbs racing, but Gibbs absolutely will not have an alcoholic beverage sponsoring any of his vehicles because of his morals, and I say more power to him and thank you for standing up in the face of HUGE money. Chevy would have thrown so much money at Junior if he even DREAMED of going to Ford, Dodge, or Toyota that he would have been an idiot to leave. So regardless of who's on the Hendrick team, that's where he was pretty much guided to go to by the blockades that either he, money, or morals put in his way.

And the only reason that people hate Gordon is because he was spanking Dale Sr.'s ass on a weekly basis, and Dale had such a huge fan base that the fans would automatically hate anybody that beat him. Gordon being very young and from Cali fanned the flames. It sucks too, because it sets a precedent that when somebody becomes a big star and a new guy comes along that can clearly drive better, the fans will hate that new guy for eternity.

Dale Sr., Dale Jr., and Gordon actually got/get along great, and in fact Sr. and Gordon were business partners in a few ventures. The rivalry is all fan-based and has no basis in reality whatsoever. Junior was the one who chastised the fans for the way they acted at Talladega when Gordon won under caution and they absolutely pelted the track. Maybe, just maybe, fans will start realizing that Gordon is not the enemy.

The enemy is Jimmie Johnson's crew chief who is the most cheating son of a biscuit eater on the planet!
                      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
                        Maybe, just maybe, fans will start realizing that Gordon is not the enemy.
                        I think you are a little over optimistic about that one. You can't teach an old dog (the fans) new tricks. That part is etched into their permanent memory.
                        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                        X