Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the computer geeks out there....

I'm hoping someone can help me...

I have some video on my cell phone I'd like to transfer to my computer, then upload to a website. When I tranfer it to my computer, it has a .3gp extension and Quicktime plays it. But when I upload it to my website and try to link to it, I can't get it to play or the page to appear. I've never heard of a .3gp extension before this, so maybe it's because it's an unusual extension? Anyone know if/how I can convert it to a more standard format, or how I can get it to link on the page correctly?

Thanks in advance!
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Got this link from another forum I'm on. Folks there said it worked to convert the 3gp files to avi. Haven't tried it myself.

http://www.gromkov.com/faq/faq2004-0067.html

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

all u need is a covertor. download.com

all u have to do is get a video convertor. all cell phone save videos in 3gp format. u have to convert it to avi or mpeg format. there is a couple other formats that the average video host will except, but 3gp wont work. check out download.com they should have something useful. i have used there covertors before
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
      X