'02 SS #243 Wreck Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '02 SS #243 Wreck Update

Back in early April, I basically totaled '02 SS #243 in a violent crash into a brick building. The throttle stuck wide open, sending me out of control.

I was cited and jailed for suspicion of DUI based on being unsteady when exiting the wrecked vehicle.

The car was junk; warped the frame on both sides; the wheels, tires, facia, hood, windshield, front fenders, lights, etc. were all bent, shattered and trashed.

Friday, in city court:

Verdict: Not guilty.

The officers testimony lacked confidence and validity; his verbal report contradicted the written report. It was demonstrated that the officer was negligent by not calling EMS responders. BAC was insufficient sample.

We were able to prove a vehicular malfunction caused the wreck, not impairment by an intoxicating substance.

Computer diagnosis at the repair shop demonstrated the cruise control module failure code. It is being replaced.

The SS has been in the shop for over 2 months. They have straightened the frame, replaced the front fenders, hood, windshield, wheels and tires but still have a long way to go before it is completely repaired and driveable.

SS 243 will live again and I will NOT have a DUI record. We will be VERY careful when driving in the future...!

Have a good day. I'm definitely having a good day. Thanks for your support.....

Drive carefully, ya'll......!

Glad you got a good result in court. I remember your original post. Seems you took a little flack from it, if I recall correctly.

They really can do wonders with straigntening out our f-body's. Since there is no real frame on these cars, it takes realigning the unibody and they have some great machines for doing that.

I had a 92 RS that I bought used, not knowing it had been rear-ended pretty badly. Found out when I had SFC's installed. It had 67,000 miles on it when I bought it, I handed it down to my son when I bought the Ragtop, and he just sold the 92 with 207,000 miles on it. Still ran like a champ but was starting to show it's age pretty badly.

So, enjoy the repaired car. I think it will work out well.
    2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

I'm glad everything got straightened out. Good luck with the repair.
      2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
      1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
      2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
      2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
      2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

i'm glad to hear the court systems actually worked in someone's favor and especially that you are getting your car fixed and are ok.
        93 Red Trans Am, LT1, Auto, Custom CAI, Polished TB (mostly just looks nice lol), Flowmaster Catback, on headers, cam, and a few other goodies to get here. Debating on which electric water pump to use and whether or not MSD is that much better on these cars than the opti. More to come later.

Comment

Working...
        X