No announcement yet.

the last straw. VA just plain Sks.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the last straw. VA just plain Sks.....

Driving on a suspended or revoked permit - Civil penalty $750.00 + the court cost & fines
    Reckless Driving - Civil penalty $1,050.00 + the court cost & fines
    DUI - 1st offence - Civil penalty $2,250.00 + the court cost & fines
    Failure to give proper signal - Civil penalty $1,050.00 + the court cost &
    fines
    Leaving the scene of an accident - Civil penalty $3,000.00 + the court
    cost & fines

Ready? this "levy" only applies to VA residents!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the website that lists the offenses and how much each civil penalty
    is.

http://www.courts.state.va.us/publications/hb_3202.pdf

now that the word is out..VA residents are screaming "communism"

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Originally posted by wolfdogs
    Driving on a suspended or revoked permit - Civil penalty $750.00 + the court cost & fines
    Reckless Driving - Civil penalty $1,050.00 + the court cost & fines
    DUI - 1st offence - Civil penalty $2,250.00 + the court cost & fines
    Failure to give proper signal - Civil penalty $1,050.00 + the court cost &
    fines
    Leaving the scene of an accident - Civil penalty $3,000.00 + the court
    cost & fines

Ready? this "levy" only applies to VA residents!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the website that lists the offenses and how much each civil penalty
    is.

http://www.courts.state.va.us/publications/hb_3202.pdf

now that the word is out..VA residents are screaming "communism"
    "Failure to give proper signal" (forgetting to use your turn signals) carries a higher penalty than "Driving on a suspended or revoked permit "? You're kidding right?
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

How about this one........"Operate Motor Vehicle with working N20 Device" $320 and what do they mean by "Operate Improper Brakes"? It's listed as both a misdemeanor and a felony. And do you know it can be a felony to drive too fast..........."Speed 20/more above Speed Limit"

I must say Ken, your lawmakers really ought to find something better to do with their time.
      2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-S
        How about this one........"Operate Motor Vehicle with working N20 Device" $320 and what do they mean by "Operate Improper Brakes"? It's listed as both a misdemeanor and a felony. And do you know it can be a felony to drive too fast..........."Speed 20/more above Speed Limit"

I must say Ken, your lawmakers really ought to find something better to do with their time.
        They have "too much time on my hands" (Styx).
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

"Failure to give proper signal - Civil penalty $1,050.00 + the court cost &
          fines"

now that is just plain crazy. sounds like VA got together with CA and decided to make some new laws. it's as bad as CA crushing cars now. people are getting arrested out in CA for just being are car gatherings where people are "suspected of racing".
          87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

here is the story i'm talking about.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19339955/

"Nearly 1,000 people — drivers and spectators — have been arrested for investigation of street racing activities over the past two years in San Bernardino County alone."

how the hell are you going to arrest a spectator?
            87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

We have lost control of our government.

Comment

Just make sure you use those turn signals

I hope you Virginia residents will do something about these laws. Hey whattaya knows those laws do not apply to me
                Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                pics and info

Comment

I have to agree with the "leaving the scene of an accident" fine though. People here in Florida run pedestrians over and then drive off leaving them to die in the street. It's just beyond me how you can run someone over and just drive off. It's become an epidemic here. I hear about at least 2 or 3 cases of this on the news every month in this area.
                  Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                    We have lost control of our government.
                    You said it!! Sad but true(Metallica )

It seems America is becoming commies from the outside in. Cali, Texas, NY, Conn, etc... VA is just jumping on the bandwagon.
                    Greg W. in West Michigan
                    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                    <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                      Failure to give proper signal - Civil penalty $1,050.00 + the court cost & fines
                      When we lived in Virginia my wife used to say that they must sell the cars with turn indicators optional. Most people never signaled.

They will be making alot of money with that one, if they inforce it.
                      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

You have to remember these fines are set by people making $130,000/yr. They don't know the real world. While I'm all for fining the bejesus out of people who don't use their turn signal, $1,000 seems a little excessive.

it's seriously time for a revolution in this country.
                        Dave M
                        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

crowded roads

VA's DOT was broke for years, perhaps some goes for roads. At least in NoVA, it should...
                          Radar detectors are illegal in VA, also. Not a good state to get caught transporting guns thru, either.
                          Turn sig law is draconian, but people suffer from the exploits of high speed idiots.
                          We only loose control of the USA govt when we fail to vote. Or, those we vote for elect to give all power to the President.
                          In MD; we get fined if we drop insurance on a car without turning in the plates.
                          Mike, So. MD, USA
                          1998 Camaro 3800 5m, Borla, Whisperlid/K&N, ProForm shortshift, 17" chrome SS wheels, poly bushings

Comment

An update...

An update:

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/18/1896.asp
                            Dave M
                            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

That "failure to signal" statute has been law since I have been driving, about 4 decades- though many people choose not to- heck, they have a hard enough time getting into the correct lane to make a left or right turn- it really is a common courtesy thing, to communicate to other drivers what you are planning to do- so, since common courtesy seems to have disappeared, so has signaling, or your turn at 4-way stops, that type of civil behavior.

These laws in VA seem to be targeting the whole "street racing" phenomenon, where officials are trying to come up with ways to deter this activity, including impounding and crushing cars- I am a little ambivalent- I think it is foolish and reckless to drive 100 MPH through busy Sunday traffic on a city street, but, if someone wants to race at 2 AM on a deserted road, I don't think it should be a federal crime-

Once again, those with means and influence will be able to afford the best lawyers and get off on reduced penalties, while joe six-pack who might be trying to enjoy his hobby or show off his latest project will end up getting screwed. I don't know if it will deter many people, but I am getting paranoid now about even having a loud muffler- "modified exhaust!!" Don't want my car impounded just because I bought a cat-back....

Freaking politicians are getting out of control-
                              2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                              "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Working...
                              X