Opinions on this car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on this car

Opinions on this car 2004 Nissan Maxima SE comes standard with the 3.5 V6 engine only 1 offered for this year.
    Thinking of buying it this summer.
    Current car has problems might needs something newer.
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

good cars. me old co-worker has 210K on his max and u cant even tell it
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

The Japanese cars run forever with very little trouble. The wife drives a 10 year old Acura with almost 150k and it still runs like a dear. It uses zero oil. All I ever have to do to it is change the oil. It has the 3.0 V6 and it's actually pretty peppy (It will blow away many ricers, they stick a coffee can on the back of a Honda and think they have a race car). We did put a tranny in it, but Honda trannys are crap. Nissan, Toyota or Honda are excellent choices for a DD.
      Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
        The Japanese cars run forever with very little trouble. The wife drives a 10 year old Acura with almost 150k and it still runs like a dear. It uses zero oil. All I ever have to do to it is change the oil. It has the 3.0 V6 and it's actually pretty peppy (It will blow away many ricers, they stick a coffee can on the back of a Honda and think they have a race car). We did put a tranny in it, but Honda trannys are crap. Nissan, Toyota or Honda are excellent choices for a DD.
        I still believe in the saying that goes "that grass is always greener on the other side" My bird has almost 160 k and still runs great,my dads old dodge 1500 was used to plow snow for the town every year and lasted to about 200 k and probably would have ran longer but he wanted a new 2500. But there are plenty of japanese "project cars" around my town.

So I think its all about luck when you get a car...luck that you dont buy a lemon. As far as nissan goes, I do like nissan for some odd reason.

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
          We did put a tranny in it, but Honda trannys are crap.
          the honda v6 trannys cant handle the power. but the 4 banger ones last.
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
          X