Emissions Testing NOW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emissions Testing NOW

Anyone know where I can get my emissions tested before this fall at the DMV? I need to know if it will pass, or not now because I might consider getting a newer car this summer.
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Originally posted by EquatorHeat00
    Anyone know where I can get my emissions tested before this fall at the DMV? I need to know if it will pass, or not now because I might consider getting a newer car this summer.
    What your asking does not make to much sense. Your asking for somewhere for the smog test, but not now?
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Asking now.
      94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

This from the Maryland VEIP Web site:

Do I have to receive a VEIP inspection notice in order to have my vehicle inspected?

No, you may take your vehicle to be inspected at any time. If you choose to have your vehicle inspected outside of your normal testing cycle, the test is considered to be either a voluntary or unscheduled test, depending upon the circumstances.

A VEIP test is considered to be voluntary when the vehicle is not registered to you (e.g., you are purchasing a used car and want to make sure that it is compliant with emissions standards). In this instance, the vehicle's test results will not be recorded in the MVA's database.

Your vehicle can also undergo an unscheduled VEIP test. This can occur when you know that you will be unable to complete your VEIP test during your normal testing period. In this instance, you can submit your test results to the MVA and the vehicle's test results will be recorded in the MVA's database.

Other states may have a similar provision. Hope this helps.
        R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Working...
        X