Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just to set the record straight..........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to set the record straight..........

I'm back, baby.

And in full swing......... announcing project "Blue Angel". Partly inspired by the Blue Angels precision flight group, partly inspired by my recent crash and demise of my beloved WS6 and partly inspired by the fact that I have a Meduim Quasar Blue 94 V6 Camaro that is a real flyweight when it comes to 4th gen F-bodies. Manual windows, manual locks, manual mirrors, manual trunck release, etc. Actually, the only thing beyond absolute necessity is A/C. For me, that is a necessity.

So consider this a formal announcement of the project. Anyone that knows anything about success and goal setting knows that in order to start the ball rolling, you must get a clear mental picture and then write it down so that you'll stick to your committment. When I return from a little 3 day vacation, the project begins.

The end result will be a 94 Camaro with no power anything except a very strong reaction when you hit the loud pedal. Oh yeah, A/C is included too. Talk about sleeper. hehe......... I'm going to put on some base Camaro emblems too.

So...... I don't want to hear any stinkin' "you're better off buying a Z28 than swapping powertrains." I have the tools, the talent, the time and the motivation......... so either lead, follow or get the heck outa the way.

nice. So what are the plans for this thang?
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Love the enthusiasm!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Thank you so much!
        I don't feel like a snail around here as much with my sixer!

EDIT: My car is fully loaded with the power everything, thats 3400 pounds right? How much weight is Joe saving by having manual everything?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Joe, just get a V8 car D&R

Its good to hear you're back up to full steam again.
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

The heart of the '97 WS6 lives!!!

Should be a fun and rewarding project, Joe. Can't wait to hear the updates.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I agree AC is a must besides of course a V8.

Keep us posted on the progress.
              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Can't wait...(rubs hands feindishly)
                Greg W. in West Michigan
                1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                <Motor out

Comment

bout darn time u got off ur butt let me how it comes out, im looking for a stripper camaro
                  2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Wish my V6 Catfish had manual windows and all...
                    Mike, So. MD, USA
                    1998 Camaro 3800 5m, Borla, Whisperlid/K&N, ProForm shortshift, 17" chrome SS wheels, poly bushings

Comment

Good luck with your new project, Joe! Sounds pretty fun.
                      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

The plan for the car will be to replicate a 1LE and then some. It will not be set up for drag racing, it will be a cornering and handling animal. All the suspension goodies from the T/A will be swapped over, Polished ZR-1 17x11s in the rear 17x9 in the front, various interior parts, etc.

The V6 and 5 speed will stay there for the moment, since it's not broke theres no need to address that yet. It does need some suspension refreshing, some paintwork, interior work, etc. Imagine a 200K mile car and you'll have the basic starting point. She will get an SS hood, rear spoiler and some paint. No wild graphics, no stripes, just clean and mean.

At some point, the 3.4 and t-5 will be replaced with some version of an LT-1, built from the now deceased WS6. So let the games begin.

Comment

And the first addition are some new shoes. Specifically, polished Corvette Grandsport replicas. 17x9 front, 17x11 rear. I had originally planned those for the WS6, but they never made it on there. The grandsport offset will keep the wheel within the fender, unlike the ZR-1 wheel. Those will put the tire outside the fender line, something that I am not a fan of. For my taste it also needs to be lowered to close the fender to tire gaps.

So far the car has:

1LE 32mm front swaybar
                          1LE 21mm rear swaybar
                          KYB shocks
                          3.42 posi
                          4 wheel discs
                          LT-1 one piece driveshaft
                          Polished Grandsport replicas
                          Borla Muffler Back Lt-1 system
                          Cutout

and here are a few pics. Note the rust bubbles on the hood. Not to worry, an SS hood and rear spoiler are ready to go.

Now I've got to do some more upgrades. This is almost like being able to mod your car by just going though the warehouse, picking what you want without having to pay the bill. I say almost, 'cuz I already paid the bill some time ago.

Comment

I like the rims. And it's hardtop!
                            Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                              I like the rims. And it's hardtop!
                              Yeah, the rims look a little familiar.

Your signature really makes me miss mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X